Saturday, August 23, 2008

Alternative Days of Our Lives Storyline Part 26

EXT: FIELD: EVENING
A brilliant sunset is the backdrop EJ and Ava are slowly riding back to the barn. Both are lost in thought. They stop just beyond the pet cemetery. The horses fuss.

EJ
I don't want go back.

AVA
Me either.

EJ
Thank you for this beautiful dream.

AVA
It doesn't have to be a dream.

EJ
Ava, you could very well go to prison for a long time.

AVA
It's not going to happen.

EJ
I can't guarantee that.

AVA
My Daddy can. It's already taken care of.

EJ
Then why did he ask me to represent you?

AVA
He wanted to make up for backing down to Stefano.

EJ
Three people died--

AVA
They weren't suppose to. No one was supposed to get hurt.

EJ
They're still dead.

AVA
I know. I truly wish I could change that. But I can't. I thought Patch-Steve would make my heart whole. He couldn't. He wasn't the missing piece. You were. Steve was just a band-aid. It was only after Patch disappeared did Daddy realize that he had done to me. He went to Stefano to try to fix it. He told Daddy that if we did anything to interfere with his plans that he would find a special use for me.

EJ
I didn't know that.

AVA
You wouldn't. He didn't tell me until he learned you were here and Stefano was incapacitated. If Stefano had been alive and well, he would have taken me out of the country that night. I know Daddy has done a lot of terrible things, but your father scared him.

EJ
He as that affect on people.

AVA
EJ, you don’t understand. Daddy said he would have killed me himself before he let Stefano put me in his album di ritagli di coppa

EJ
His what?

AVA
A scrapbook of his trophies.

EJ
I know what it means. Why would he put you in there?

AVA
It is where he puts remembrances of all the people he owns. Do you think he will ever wake up?

EJ
I don’t know. The doctors don’t think so.

AVA
What do you think?

EJ
I think- I think if anyone could it would be him.

AVA
I want to get married.

EJ
We are. Remember the whole on knee bit. If you need a reminder...

EJ pulls the guides his horse closer to hers. Leaning over, he passionately kisses her.

Remember?

AVA
Vaguely.

He kisses her again half pulling her on to his horse. Ava eagerly responds, but suddenly pulls away.

I’m afraid. I have a bad feeling.

EJ
You feel good to me.

AVA
I’m afraid it won’t last. It’s like feeling I had just before my mother died.
(Desperately)
Marry me.

EJ
We will.

AVA
Today. Let’s fly to Vegas.

EJ
You can’t leave the state. You’ll forfeit your bond. Besides, you always dreamed of a big wedding. With your father walking you down the isle.

AVA
I don’t care about any of that. I just don’t want to loose you again.

EJ
You won’t.

AVA
Please EJ. Marry me now.

EJ
There is a 24-hour wait for the license. We could get the license tomorrow.

AVA
And married the next day.

EJ kisses her.
CUT

INT: DIMERA MANSION: EVENING
John and Marlena enter.

JOHN
(Yelling)
Rolf! Rofl!

MARLENA
He’s in another room. Not dead.

JOHN
The louder I yell, the faster he runs.

Rolf runs in from the back of the house.

He’s fun to watch.

MARLENA
That’s mean.

JOHN
Yes, it is.

ROLF
Yes, Sir.

JOHN
(Walking into the study)
Blondie, want a drink.

Marlena and Rolf watch him disappear into the study.
CUT

INT: DIMERA STUDY: EVENING
John pours himself a drink.

JOHN
Rolf!

ROLF
(Walking in)
I’m right here.

Marlena follows as far as the door.

JOHN
Blondie, want a drink.

MARLENA
I’m not a dog to be ordered about.

JOHN
Didn’t think you were. So you don’t want a drink?

MARLENA
No, thank you.

JOHN
Okay doke. Rolf, Marlena and I have some questions for you. It would behoove you to answer them quickly and honestly.

ROLF
I’ll do my best.

JOHN
Do better.

MARLENA
(Walking in)
We need to know who was in that room.

ROLF
I don’t know.

JOHN
I don’t believe you.

MARLENA
Neither do I.

ROLF
It’s the truth. The only one who knows all Stefano’s secrets is Stefano. It’s the way he kept control. None of the division knew about the others. He ran is organization like an octopus. He was the center controlling the hundreds of arms. In this case, Stefano, Celeste and three others knew. One of those are dead. The other two I don’t know.

JOHN
I have a fairly good idea of what Stefano was into.

ROLF
Respectfully you don’t.

JOHN
I’ve gone through everything.

ROLF
Have you?

JOHN
Are you saying that I haven’t?

MARLENA
Rolf, is there more?

ROLF
There is always more.

JOHN
You didn’t tell me, why?

ROLF
You didn’t ask.

JOHN
Well?

ROLF
Well, what?

JOHN
Is there more?

ROLF
Yes.


MARLENA
Where is it?

ROLF
(Uncomfortable)
I don’t know if I should--

JOHN
Rolfie, you’re testing my patience.

ROLF
In his study.

JOHN
This is the study.

ROLF
Not so much.

MARLENA
Take us there.

JOHN
Now.

ROLF
Very well. God protect me if Stefano every wakes up.

JOHN
Lie to me and you won’t have to worry about Stefano. Lead the way.

Shaking his head, Rolf leads them out of the study.
CUT

INT: HOSPITAL ROOM: EVENING
Lucas is lying asleep in the bed. Sami paces the room, while talking on the phone.

SAMI
Thanks, Hope. Are you sure you don’t mind? He was awake a little while ago. I will. But pain meds are keeping him groggy. He might not remember much until morning. They are letting me stay just a few minutes after visiting hours.

LUCAS
(Waking up)
Sami?

SAMI
Lucas is awake again. I’ll pick up the twins in an hour, two the most. Thanks Hope.
(Going the bed)
You’re awake. How do you feel?

LUCAS
(Painful)
I hurt. My side.
(Reaching over he finds the drain tube)

SAMI
(Gently taking his hand)
It a drain. You had surgery. Do you remember what happened?

LUCAS
Sort of. I remember the guard from Statesville. Then just pieces.

SAMI
You’re safe now.

LUCAS
What about Chloe and Philip?

SAMI
They are both fine. Bo arranged for a guard on your door. He’s someone that he trusts.

LUCAS
I had the strangest dream. You told me that Johnny was my son.

SAMI
He is Lucas. That is what I wanted to tell you.

LUCAS
How?

SAMI
I had Lexi run another test in secret. She also had Abe run it through the police lab. It’s true. You are Johnny’s father.

LUCAS
(Sleepily)
Does EJ know?

SAMI
He’s out of our lives.

LUCAS
(Touching her cheek)
Thank you.

SAMI
You’re welcome. But you have to get better. You have diaper duty.

LUCAS
Potty training here we come.

Lucas falls asleep. Sami tenderly kisses his lips.
CUT

INT: BARN: EVENING
Ava is taking the saddle off her horse. EJ has already taken the saddle of his; he is unbuckling the bridle.

EJ
Are you sure you don’t want me to help you?

STANLEY
(Walking in)
I thought you were going to stay out all night.

AVA
Weren’t you going to see Marie?

STANLEY
(Taking the saddle from her)
Already back. She’s happy about the two of you. She wants me to weasel an invitation to the wedding.

EJ
What are you doing tomorrow?

STANLEY
Tomorrow. I didn’t think you had a license.

EJ
We don’t.

AVA
I’m superstitious.

STANLEY
Nothing wrong with that.

AVA
I wanted to fly to Vegas and get married tonight.

STANLEY
It can’t be the plane fare.

EJ
There are legal issues.

AVA
I just have the feeling that if we don’t get married now, we never will.

STANLEY
After living with Marie all these years, I’ve learned to trust women’s intuition. Let me make a call.

Stanley walks into the tack room.

EJ
I’ll pick you up first thing in the morning to get the license. Then we can go out for breakfast.

AVA
Don’t we have to get a blood test or something?

EJ
Not in this state. But we both have to go with ID.
(Kissing her)
Where in the state do you want to honeymoon?

AVA
In bed.

EJ
Of course. But don’t you want to do something special?

AVA
Oh, I guarantee it will be special.

EJ
That’s a given.

STANLEY
(Walking out)
Okay. Let’s go.

EJ
Go where?

STANLEY
The courthouse. Martin is meeting us there. That is if you don’t mind being married in Grant County instead of Salem. But we have to go now. He has plans for later this evening.

AVA
I don’t mind not having the dress or my daddy here, but I smell like horse.

EJ
So do I.

STANLEY
I wasn’t going to mention it. If you hurry, you can take a shower.

AVA
But my clothes--

STANLEY
Let me worry about that. Now bustle to the house

EJ
Bustle?

STANLEY
(Taking the reigns)
Get moving kid or go to your wedding smelling like a horse. There is a shower in the bathroom in the main hallway. EJ use that one. Ava, you can use the one off Marie and my bedroom.
CUT

INT: STEFANO’S STUDY: EVENING
The room is dark.

ROLF
(Off camera)
I still don’t feel comfortable doing this.

JOHN
(Off camera)
Unlock the door or someone will be locking a door on you.

ROLF
(Off camera)
Very well.

The lock clicks. The door opens. Rolf walks in and turns on the light. It is a room over looks the backyard of the mansion. The sunset can be seen fading in the western sky. The room contains a combination of Roman and Egyptian art, while the furniture is Colonial. The color scheme is dark blues and purples that could be best described as regal. There are dark red sashes hanging around the windows and the door. On either side of the door is a candle opera with a red candle that had been partially burned. Yet, instead of being foreboding, it has a comfortable feel to it. There is a computer on the desk along with a multi-line phone. The shelves are filled with old books, pictures of his parents and his children. John and Marlena follow.

JOHN
Now this is my kind of room.

MARLENA
(Picking up one of the framed baby picture off the table)
It makes him seem almost human.

ROLF
He can be. He loved his mother dearly. He had few pictures of her. That one is his favorite. He had a copy made for every one of his homes. No matter which one he slept in he would always light a candle to her before retiring for the night.

JOHN
Where’s the information about the woman in the room?

ROLF
I still don’t know.

JOHN
(Making himself comfortable behind the desk)
Then why didn’t you want us to open the west wing.

ROLF
I was following Stefano’s orders.

MARLENA
Where would you start looking?

JOHN
(Turning on the computer)
What’s the password?

ROLF
I don’t know to both your questions.

JOHN
You not being very helpful. Should I start questioning your loyalty?

ROLF
Do what you will. I can’t tell you what I don’t know.

MARLENA
Don’t know or won’t say?

ROLF
Don’t know.

MARLENA
Will you help us search?

ROLF
Would you trust me not to try to hide something?

MARLENA
Good point.

ROLF
(Backing out of the room)
Then I will leave you to it.

JOHN
(Pulling a photograph album off the shelf)
Wait. Why are there so many photo albums?

ROLF
They aren’t important. Stefano like to take pictures.

JOHN
Pictures?

ROLF
Of people and places he found interesting. He didn’t have much of an eye for the camera.

MARLENA
Maybe the there is a picture of her.

ROLF
Do you know what she looks like?

MARLENA
Petite with dark hair.

ROLF
I’m sure you find several hundred of those. Some of them might even be clear enough to see the faces and not have Stefano’s finger in the picture.

JOHN
(Putting the album back)
Fine. He was a lousy photographer. What’s the password on the computer?

ROLF
I still don’t know. The third wrong guess fries the hard drive.

MARLENA
That’s just great.

JOHN
If it was easy. Anybody could do it.

Rolf turns to leave.

Call Anthony and Junior. Tell them to get their butts over here.

MARLENA
Let’s wait until morning. Maybe the two of us can find what we need. Or at least a get a good start.

JOHN
I’m not leaving his room until I boot this thing up.

MARLENA
You’d better bring us a pot of coffee.

JOHN
And dinner. Tell my nephews to be here first thing in the morning for family pow-wow.

ROLF
What about Alexandra?

MARLENA
Call her. But she might not be able to come. Celeste is in the hospital

ROLF
What happened to her?

JOHN
She was attacked by the evil spirit in the room.

ROLF
Aren’t you afraid your prying will make her angrier?

MARLENA
We’re looking for a way to stop her.

ROLF
The only way to do that is lock her back in the room.

JOHN
You said that you didn’t know who she is.

ROLF
If Stefano could have stopped her, he would have. He wouldn’t have just locked her away.

MARLENA
Not necessarily. He likes kidnapping people and holding them against their will.

ROLF
(Walking out the door)
Some things are best left alone. You don’t want to listen to me. Don’t listen to me. I’ll make the calls and get dinner.
CUT
INT: HALLWAY OUTSIDE STEFANO’S OFFICE: EVENING.
Rolf closes the door.

ROLF
I don’t know what will be worse. Stefano will have my head if they discover his secrets.
John, will if he doesn’t. But if John finds what he is looking for he will loose everything else.
CUT

No comments: