Saturday, September 06, 2008

Alternative Storyline for Days of Our Lives Part 28

EXT: FOUNTAIN IN THE PARK: EVENING
Forlorn Kate walks toward the fountain. She sits next to the dedication plate and traces John’s name. Carrying take out from the Pub, Miles walks down the path toward the street on the other side of the park. He sees her.

MILES
Kate? Kate Roberts

Kate looks up.

What are you doing here by yourself?

Kate waves him off.

Are you crying?

KATE
Me. No.

MILES
(Walking over)
Yes you are.

KATE
See no tears.

MILES
No tears on the outside. But you’re still crying.

KATE
Thank you for saving my son. I’m so worried about him.

MILES
Why do I get the feeling that isn’t why you are crying.

KATE
(Slapping the marker and standing)
It doesn’t matter.

MILES
(Stepping in her path)
Of course it does. Sometimes talking it gives you a fresh perspective.

KATE
It won’t change anything. No matter what I do. Did you know that Marlena built this as a tribute to their love.

MILES
I heard that.

KATE
After all they have been through, they still love each other--even if John remember any of it.

MILES
I heard the talk. I can’t even imagine what it’s like to have your entire past wiped away.

KATE
Sometimes it doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.

MILES
In theory, maybe. But no matter what my son has done, I wouldn’t want to forget him.

KATE
You have a point. I love my children with my whole heart.
(Laughing at herself)
I just can seem to find a way for them to love me back.

MILES
I’m sure that’s not true.

KATE
Not completely. I’m afraid all the time.

MILES
Of what?

KATE
That I’ll loose them. There’s nothing wrong with a mother protecting her children.

MILES
No. There isn’t. But loving also means letting go.

KATE
I just want to help them be happy.

MILES
Maybe you try to hard? Or maybe you just need to diversify.

KATE
Diversify?

MILES
Help more people? Like me. Maybe you can help me.

KATE
I’ll talk to the hospital board for you.

MILES
Thanks. But that’s not what I meant. I have all this food. Share it with me.

KATE
I’m not hungry.

MILES
I hate eating alone.

KATE
I’m terrible company.

MILES
I’m fabulous company. Besides, you owe me. I did save your son.

KATE
Well...if you put it like that. Let me buy you dinner at Chez Rouge.

MILES
(Holding the bags up)
Great. The picnic tables are over there. There is more than enough. If you don’t like lemonade, there is a soda machine over there.

KATE
Are you sure you don’t want to go to Chez Rouge? Doug Williams is singing.

MILES
(Walking toward the picnic table)
Mother Nature is singing. If you stop to listen with your heart , you’ll can hear what it has been looking for.

KATE
Hum...you were a hippie in a previous life.

MILES
Still am. The summer of love never ends.. Not if you don’t want it to.

KATE
(Mostly to herself)
If that were only true.
CUT

INT: STEFANO’S STUDY: NIGHT
Marlena and John are sleeping on the couch. The door slowly opens. A person wearing black shoes steps in the room. The floor creaks. John’s eyes open. The camera pans up to reveal Rolf; he looks around the room and starts toward the desk. He walks past the couch, without seeing John and Marlena

JOHN
Rolf. What are you doing?

ROLF
(Startled)
I was just cleaning up the dirty dishes.

JOHN
(Carefully getting off the couch)
Are you sure you weren’t going to clean out the computer?

ROLF
Why would I do that?

Their voices awake Marlena.

JOHN
For the same reason you didn’t tell me about this room.

MARLENA
John, what’s going on? Rolf?

JOHN
Rolf, came to clean up.

ROLF
That’s my job.

MARLENA
What’s Stefano’s mother name?

ROLF
Why do you ask?

JOHN
She wants to know.

ROLF
Elizabeth.

JOHN
(Walking around behind the desk)
Blondie, do you think that’s it? We have only one more try.

MARLENA
Stefano’s whole life has revolved around how Colleen and Santos hurt his mother. Using something that remind him of her would keep him focused.

JOHN
Is that true?

ROLF
I don’t know.

JOHN
Rolfie?

ROLF
I don’t know. Scout’s honor.

MARLENA
Were you ever a Boy Scout?

ROLF
No. But I wanted to be.

John types, but stop before he presses enter.

MARLENA
What wrong?

JOHN
It’s too easy.
(Typing as he speaks)
Colleen Brady.

The computer starts booking up.

I’m in.

Stefano’s face appears on the screen and his laughter echoes around the room. The screen flickers briefly and goes to black. The hard drive is dead.

Son of a

MARLENA
What happened?

JOHN
I guessed wrong.
CUT

INT: BEDROOM OF BED AND BREAKFAST: NIGHT
In the center of the room is a large canoped bed. The flames from large pillar candles illuminate the room, giving the room romantic aura of times long past. The breeze blowing threw the open windows and balony doors makes them dance. Romantic music plays in the background, intertwining with the songs of the crickets, frogs and Nightingales. A bottle of wine chills in a bucket of ice. Beside it are platters of chocolates covered strawberries and other delicate sweets as well as fruits and cheeses. Two robes are neatly folded on the antique rocking chair. The balony over looks a small lake

AVA
(Off screen)
She said the second door on the right.

EJ
This must be it.

The door knob turns and the door opens. Ava and EJ walk wearing their own clothes.

AVA
It’s beautiful.

EJ
(Closing the door and locking it)
Yes, you are.

AVA
They don’t even know us. Look what they did for us.

EJ
(Caressing her cheek)
I don’t want to talk about or think about anyone else. It’s just us. You and me.

They passionately kiss.

AVA
EJ.

EJ
What darling?

AVA
You smell like horse again.

EJ
So do you.

AVA
Yes. I do. I wish I could have kept that dress. At least for the night.

EJ
You looked beautiful.

AVA
(Giggling)
You looked like you were ready for high tide.

EJ
I don’t care.

AVA
You don’t.

EJ
(Shaking his head)
The only thing that matters is that you are here with me. You have made my heart whole. No one and nothing can change that.

Unbuttoning his shirt, she kisses his chest. Her hands slide up his chest, removing his shirt. It drops to the floor. Gently he picks her up; craddling her in his arms, he kisses her and carries her to the bed. Slowly as if they kiss and caress each other as if they are trying to make this one night last forever. In the distance, an owl hoots.
CUT

INT: HOSPITAL HALLWAY: NIGHT
A police officer stands guard outside Lucas’s room. Daniel walks up and tries to go in. The officer intercepts him.

OFFICER
I’m sorry. Only authorized peronnal.

DANIEL
I’m the doctor on duty. I need to check on Lucas.

OFFICER
Sorry. Per Roman Brady only those on the list go inside.

DANIEL
I’m a friend of his mother. I promised Kate I would keep a close eye on him.

OFFICER
Sorry. It’d be my job.

The door opens. With his gun drawn, another officer appears.

SECOND OFFICER
Problem Hank?

DANIEL
No problem.

OFFICER
You’ll have to clear it with the Comander.

DANIEL
Right. I’ll do it tomorrow.

Daniel continues down the hall to the nurses station. He walks past the nurses at the desk and goes into the room behind the desk.
CUT

INT: ROOM BEHIND NURSE’S STATON: NIGHT
Daniel walks in and closes the door. He pulls a syringe out of his pocket.

DANIEL
Damn!

The door opens. Quickly, he tosses it in the hazmat box.

NURSE
Is everything alright?

DANIEL
Fine. Just fine.

He walks past her and down the hall in the opposite direction of Lucas’s room.

SECOND NURSE
What was that all about?

NURSE
I haven’t a clue.
CUT

No comments: