Friday, June 20, 2008

Alternative Storylines for Days of Our Lives-Part 19

INT: OUTSIDE JOHN’S BEDROOM: NIGHT
Marlena knocks on the door.

MARLENA
John, It’ me. I need to talk to you.

JOHN
It’s late.

MARLENA
I’m not going away.

JOHN
(Opening the door)
I was asleep.

MARLENA
I don’t think you were.

JOHN
What do you want Blondie?

MARLENA
You have the lock.
(Holding up the lira)
I have the key.

JOHN
(Walking back into his bedroom)
What makes you think that is the right key to the right lock?


MARLENA
(Following)
You took it out of the fountain.

JOHN
So. What's your point? I thought it might be valuable.

MARLENA
More than you could know. Why did you leave Chez Rouge?

JOHN
I changed my mind

MARLENA
Changed your mind? About dinner?

JOHN
Roman was there.

MARLENA
So?

JOHN
He is always there.

MARLENA
Jealous?

JOHN
You're my wife.

MARLENA
You sound more like you are marking your turf than making a declaration of love.

JOHN
Maybe I should have tossed you over my shoulder and carried you away.

MARLENA
Been there. Did that.

JOHN
I did. What happened?

MARLENA
Something that won't happen again if you don't change your tone.

JOHN
I don't know what you expect from me. You say you are in love with me. But it's not really me. It's the old John. Not me. Even if a miracle happened and I got all my old memories back, I still wouldn't be the man your have idolized. I keep hearing how perfect he was.

MARLENA
Perfect? Hardly. You still have some of the old bad habits

JOHN
I don't remember him.

MARLENA
I still see him in you.

JOHN
I don't. I see the disappointment in your eyes when you don't find him.

MARLENA
That him is you.

JOHN
No, I am not. Why can't you see me? Instead of always looking for him.

MARLENA
What happened tonight?

JOHN
Where?

MARLENA
Chez Rouge.

JOHN
Back to that?

MARLENA
Yes. Back to that.

JOHN
I was bored.

MARLENA
That's not it.

JOHN
Why do you keep asking if you know the answer?

MARLENA
Why did it make you so uncomfortable?

JOHN
You don't get it.

MARLENA
That's why I'm asking.

JOHN
(Pacing)
It was a piece of the past for everyone but me. Everyone, including you, was reminiscing. I had nothing. I look back and see a black hole. I don't feel anything. Nothing is mine. Everything I've been told about--all the memories belonged to him. Then you take me to a place that belonged to you and Roman. How was a suppose to feel? It's bad enough to be blindly competing against yourself without having you ex trying to find a place in the picture.

MARLENA
Roman and I are friends. Nothing more.

JOHN
He has all the memories. The inside jokes. The tears you shared. He can call up the past with all the emotional bonds that come with it.

MARLENA
Some where inside you, so do you.

JOHN
What if I don’t?

MARLENA
Then we will create new memories.

JOHN
New memories? Could you love me as much as you loved him?

MARLENA
Him is you. With or without memories, you are still John Black.

JOHN
DiMera.

MARLENA
Technically Brady. Your parents were never married.

JOHN
I’m still half DiMera.

MARLENA
(Caressing his cheek)
Maybe so, but I know the good strong Irish Brady blood will win out.
CUT

INT: SAMI’S BEDROOM: NIGHT
Sami is alone in bed. She tosses in her sleep. The camera zooms into her dreams.
CUT

INT: SAMI’S DREAM-WHICH TAKES PLACE ON DR. PHIL’S SET: DREAMTIME
Dr. Phil walks out onto his set and addresses his audience.

DR PHIL
This is going to be a unique show for you this afternoon. We’re going to be talking to a woman who kidnapped her sister, raped her sister’s boyfriend, and subsequently tried to pass off his half brother’s baby as his. She was convicted of murder and nearly died by lethal injection--all before the age of 20. She has walked to the altar numerous times only to be rejected before the ceremony or have the marriage annulled. But that’s not the half of it. The end of last year she had twins who have different fathers. She was married to the love of her life only to divorce him to marry her rapist. I would like to introduce you to Samantha Jean Brady Reed Roberts Horton DiMera.

Sami walks out and sits in the chair next to Dr. Phil's

SAMI
It sounds pretty bad. But Lucas and I were only really married once. He disowned his mother and changed his name from Roberts to his father's last name Horton.

DR. PHIL
I'm glad you cleared that up. Samantha-

SAMI
Sami's fine.

DR. PHIL
Okay dokie, Sami. Why did you contact the show?

SAMI
I've made some mistakes.

DR PHIL
That's an understatement.

SAMI
I want to be a better person. I hurt so many people.

DR PHIL
Do you know why?

SAMI
I was afraid.

DR PHIL
Of what. What kind of fear would make you kidnap your little sister?

SAMI
I was afraid of loosing my family. It's complicated.

DR PHIL
Rough childhood.

SAMI
Sometimes.

DR PHIL
So you are blaming other people for your behavior.

SAMI
Back then, yes.

DR PHIL
What about now?

SAMI
I don't know how to answer that.

DR PHIL
How about honestly.

SAMI
I can do that. I don't know where to begin.

DR PHIL
Did you drug and rape your sister's boyfriend?

SAMI
Yes.

DR PHIL
No excuses. Just yes.

SAMI
There is no excuse for what I did. I thought I loved him. He was the knight in shining armor that I thought could keep me safe. I was scared.

DR PHIL
Of what?

SAMI
Being alone. My parents kept disappearing and reappearing.

DR PHIL
Your parents just took off?

SAMI
No, they would do that. Stephano kidnapped them and make it look like they were dead. Between Mom, Dad and John, it was hard to keep track of who was going to be home and who was going to be missing.

DR PHIL
Who is John?

SAMI
He's my stepfather. For a while, we thought he was my father. Then dad came back.

DR PHIL
From where?

SAMI
Stephano DiMera kidnapped him and made us think he was dead. Then John showed up with Dad's memories so we thought he was Dad.

DR PHIL
You're making this up as you go along.

SAMI
No. We just got John back--sort of. He was hit by a car and we thought he died. But Stephano kidnapped him again. This time, he wiped his mind clean and programmed him to kill my great Aunt Colleen. He hated her because his father, Santos loved her. Stephano knew she was still alive. Everyone else thought she was committed suicide instead of becoming a nun. That's when John found out that he was Colleen Brady and Santo DiMera's son.

DR PHIIL
So John was reunited with his mother.

SAMI
For a short while, she died.

DR PHIL
I thought you said he didn't kill her.

SAMI
He didn't. Mom was able to stop him. Colleen was sick. We only found her before she died because she kidnapped Claire to keep her safe from Stephano.

DR PHIL
Who's Claire?

SAMI
My niece. Her story is really complicated.

DR PHIL
I need an aspirin or two or three--a half a bottle. Okay, let’s get back to you. Why are you here?

SAMI
Don’t you want to wait for the aspirin?

DR PHIL
I only have an hour show.

SAMI
The short version.

DR PHIL
Can you do that?

SAMI
I’ll do my best. Lucas and I have a long history together. Not all of it is very nice. We love each other. And I know we are soul mates. But it has been complicated.

DR PHIL
Like what you just told me isn’t.

SAMI
Sometimes we hurt each other. It’s not that we meant to. We always loved each other. But we both have done things that we regret. We worked through them, but other people used to come between us. We finally had work all past that. We were happy and so very much in love.

DR PHIL
What changed?

SAMI
EJ.

DR PHIL
The rape

Sami nods.

Didn’t Lucas stand by you?

SAMI
He did. Then we found out I was pregnant and we didn’t know who the father was. EJ used it as an excuse to keep trying to force his way in my life.

DR PHIL
Why didn’t you prosecute him for the rape?

SAMI
It’s complicated. Anyway, we did a paternity test. Several in fact. The first results didn’t count.

DR PHIL
Why?

SAMI
There was a mistake in the lab. The second test said that Lucas was the father. But EJ wouldn’t accept it. He kept claiming my son’s was also his. After the twins were born, he forced us to have another test. This one said that Johnny was EJ son and Ali was Lucas’s daughter.

DR PHIL
That doesn’t happen often.

SAMI
I didn’t think it could happen at all. EJ only got worse. Then Stephano said that he would end the vendetta if I divorce Lucas and married EJ.

DR PHIL
Vendetta?

SAMI
You said you only have an hour show.

DR PHIL
Another complicated story?

SAMI
Very. I didn’t want to do it. Luca and I were finally happy. I had everything I wanted.

DR PHIL
So why did you do it?

SAMI
I love my family. I wasn’t going to go through with it. Then John was hit by the car and died. Our whole family was devastated. I felt like it was my fault. I told Stephano no and John died. I didn’t want any more of my family hurt. So I divorced the love of my life and married EJ. Then Lucas went to jail.

Dr Phil starts to interrupt.

He shot EJ. But all of that isn’t why I’m here.

DR PHIL
It’s not?

SAMI
No.

DR PHIL
What is that you want to know?

SAMI
What I want? I love Lucas and my children. But I’m so confused about what I want.

Dr Phil morphs into another Sami.

SAMI 2
Instead of asking him-ask me?

SAMI
Who are you?

SAMI 2
I am you.

SAMI
I really am crazy.

SAMI 2
No. There is a term for who I am. But it doesn’t matter. I’m who you are in your heart. Every since you were a child, you have been afraid to trust love. Part of you blamed yourself. You weren’t sure what you did to make the people you loved leave, so you didn’t know how to fix it. It made you stopped believing that you were worthy of love.

SAMI
Is that why did so many horrible things?

SAMI 2
You were so scared of being alone that you would have done anything to prevent it

SAMI
Don’t remind me.

SAMI 2
What you didn’t see is that you were never alone. You always had people who loved you. You just didn’t feel worthy of their love so you refuse to accept that it was real.

SAMI
I hurt them. I didn’t mean to, but I did. How do I get past that? How do I make up for what I’ve done?

SHAWN BRADY SR
(Voice over)
I can answer that.

SAMI
Grandpa?

SHAWN BRADY SR
(Walking out on to the stage)
You have to learn how to forgive.

SAMI
Grandpa. Oh my God. I’ve missed you.


SAMI 2
Thanks Grandpa. I’ll let you take over.

Sami 2 vanishes.
FADE TO

INT: BRADY PUB: DREAM TIME
Shawna and Sami sit at on of the tables.

SHAWN BRADY SR
I never be far away from my family.

SAMI
I’m sorry that I was a disappointment to you.

SHAWN BRADY SR
You were never that. I always loved you. I didn’t like or understand what you did. But I do now. It’s so much easier to see thing as they are now.

SAMI
I don’t know how to stop hurting?

SHAWN BRADY SR
Sami, girl, it all comes down to trust and forgiveness. So many people love you, but you just can't seem to take us at our word. Think about it. Really remember. No matter what happened, one of us always was there for you. It was confusing. But when it came right down to it, you were always dearly loved.

SAMI
I was scared.

SHAWN BRADY SR
It takes courage to face our fears. You were never a coward.

SAMI
Yes I am.

SHAWN BRADY SR
(Standing and kissing her forehead)
That was never true. Sami, remember when we forgive others, other people forgive us. Remember that and the rest will work itself out.

SAMI
Grandpa don’t go.

SHAWN BRADY SR
(Fading away)
I’m never very far away. Remember how much I love you.

He disappears.
CUT

INT: SAMI’S BEDROOM: NIGHT
Sami cries in her sleep. Lucas stands in the doorway, watching her. Hesitately, he walks in and lays down beside her, craddling her in his arms. He wipes away her tears.

LUCAS
It’s okay. I’m here.

Without waking, Sami snuggles in his arms. She stops crying and her sleep becomes peaceful.
CUT

INT: SAMI'S BEDROOM: EARLY MORNING
Sami and Lucas are sleeping together. Her beneath the covers; he is on top of them. The twins start to cry. Both wake up.

SAMI
Lucas?

LUCAS
You were crying in your sleep.

SAMI
(getting out of bed)
I was having a strange dream.

LUCAS
(Also getting up)
I'll take care of them.

SAMI
Together?

LUCAS
Works for me.
CUT

INT: NURSERY: EARLY MORNING
The twins are awake and standing in their cribs. Sami and Lucas walk in.

SAMI
(Going to Johnny
They're hungry and have to be changed.

LUCAS
(Going to Ali)
Hey, baby girl. I'm your daddy.
(picking her up)
Hey Sami. Something really stinks.

SAMI
That's normal. I'm changing their food.

LUCAS
Why?

SAMI
(Changing Johnny)
They need more solid foods. They started eating vegetables last week. After a few weeks, it'll be better.

LUCAS
(Talking Ali to the changing table)
Oh. How about if I hold Johnny.

SAMI
Don't you want to change your daughter's diapers?

LUCAS
Do I have to?

SAMI
You owe me months of diaper changing.

LUCAS
And you plan to collect.

SAMI
Every last diaper.
(Picking up Johnny)
Come daddy. Your turn.

LUCAS
(Laying Ali on the table)
Okay Ali. I haven't done this in a while. Be nice to your old dad.

Lucas takes loosens the diaper and gags. Sami laughs.
CUT

INT: CARVER KITCHEN: EARLY MORNING
Celeste is standing in front of the window, watching the sun come up. Abe walks into the kitchen. He is dressed for work.

ABE
Celeste. What are you doing up so early?

CELESTE
I was afraid to close my eyes. She's coming back. It'sjust a matter of when.

ABE
Her who?

CELESTE
I know you don't believe me.

Abe lifts up the St Michael's pendant.

Thank you, Abraham. I know you think I'm being foolish.

ABE
I didn't even take it off in the shower.
(Pointing to the nearly full coffee pot)
Did you make a fresh?

CELESTE
A little while ago. I remember you said you had an early morning.

ABE
(Filling his travel mug)
Do you plan to give up sleeping all together?

CELESTE
Once the sun is fully up, I'll sleep for a little while. This afternoon I'll go into town. There are those who can help. They did before.

ABE
Are you sure there isn't anything I can do?

CELESTE
Don't take the amulet off.

ABE
I'm not related to Stephano.

CELESTE
Hurting you would be the best way to hurt Alexandra and me. Stay safe my friend. The amulet will prevent her from attacking you directly. But it won't stop a bullet if she chooses to work through another.

ABE
I'll keep that in mind. Lexie was still sleeping. Could you ask her to call me? I suggessed we have lunch at the Pub, but I don't think she was quite awake.

CELESTE
I'll tell her. Be safe Abraham.

He kisses her cheek and leaves with his coffee.

They have to help me stop her.
CUT

INT: WEST WING MAIN ROOM: MORNING
Lucas is feeding Johnny, while Sami gives Ali her bath. He is nearly finished. There is a knock at the door. Lucas answers it. EJ stands outside.

EJ
I came to help take care the twins.

LUCAS
Sami's giving Ali her bath. I'm feeding Johnny.

EJ
(Walking to Johnny)
That's my job.

LUCAS
Sorry. They woke up early this morning. Ali finished first.

EJ
Johnny is a fussy eater

LUCAS
I didn't think so. I did the airplane--that's what Will liked.

EJ
He's done.

LUCAS
Almost. Do you want to finish?

EJ
He's my son.

LUCAS
I know.

EJ
(Picking Johnny up)
Don't forget it.

LUCAS
I wouldn't dream of it.
(Pulling a wipe out of the box)
Here let me get his hands before he messes up your suit.

EJ
(Pulling a fresh wipe out)
I can do it.

He cleans Johnny's hands and face.

I've been taking care of them for months.

LUCAS
So Sami said. She said you were real good with them.
(Holding out his hand)
I want to thank you for that.

EJ
I didn't do it for you.

LUCAS
I know that. But I'm grateful anyway.

Sami walks out carrying Ali wrapped in a towel.

SAMI
EJ. Thought I heard you.

EJ
Samantha. You have it real cozy here.

SAMI
I'll talk to Mickey today about visitation.

EJ
I'll want to see my son every morning.

SAMI
I'm not going to fight with you. Talk to Mickey.

EJ
You won't keep me from him.

SAMI
I wouldn't do that.

EJ
(To Lucas)
Aren't you going to jump in with a snide remark?

LUCAS
If Sami needs my help, I trust her to ask.

EJ
How Oprah of you.

LUCAS
I had to fill my time some how.

EJ
I don't want him left alone with my son.

SAMI
EJ, stop trying to pick a fight. It's not going to happen. What will happen is that I'm going to walk the annulment papers to the courthouse and file them. I'm going to be certain there isn't a glich. And if there is, I'll let Mickey take care of it along with everything else.

EJ
Is Lucas going to be living here?

SAMI
None of your business.

EJ
Lucas are you going to continue to hide behind a woman.

LUCAS
I'm not going to fight with you either.

Lucas's phone rings. He checks the caller id and answers it.

Philip. A little early. No. I was awake.
(Walking toward the back rooms)
I hadn't though about that yet.

EJ
I won't have him living here.

SAMI
You have nothing to say about it.

EJ
As soon as I find a place, I'm moving out. I’m taking Johnny with me.

SAMI
Not going to happen.

EJ
I still have legal custody.

SAMI
I'll be talking to Mickey.

EJ
What are going to have me fired?

LUCAS
(Walking back into the room)
Do you want me to get Ali dressed?

SAMI
(Giving her to him)
Yes. Please. Her clothes are on the dresser.

LUCAS
Philip offered me a job.

EJ
Good. You'll can make up for all the time I support both twins. It seems I'll soon be out of a job.

LUCAS
What? I'm lost.

EJ
You always were.

SAMI
That's great Lucas.
(Pointing down the hall)
Could you please?

LUCAS
Sure. Alie, daddy's going to get you dressed.

They walk to the nursey.

SAMI
(Taking Johnny)
He needs to finish his breakfast and have his bath.

EJ
I'll do it.

SAMI
No. You are going to leave.

EJ
You haven't heard the last of this.
CUT

INT: KIRIAKIS DINING ROOM: MORNING
Nicole and Chloe are at the dining room table. Each has their own laptop, which is connected to the internet. They have notebooks and pens. Scraps paper as well as waded up paper balls are strewn round the table and on the floor. Dirty dishes from their late night snacking are stacked the serving table. Chloe sit behind her computer. Nicole paces.

NICOLE
I don't understand why you are being so stubborn about this.

CHLOE
I'm right. If we make this too fancy, it will limit who will participate.

NICOLE
Don't you want to be up on big fancy stage singing your little heart out.

CHLOE
A gala wouldn't work for this.

NICOLE
Like a backyard bbq will rais enough money!

CHLOE
It's not a bbq. It's a fair. An old fashion country fair. With rides and games--

NICOLE
No rodeo?

CHLOE
A petting zoo would be nice. There isn't any place big enough for a rodeo. I checked.

NICOLE
No great loss.

CHLOE
Have you seen what modern day cowboys look like?

NICOLE
(Looking over Chloe's shoulder)
Cute. But he can't have much money.

CHLOE
I met Danny in Europe. He takes a month in the off season to tour Europe. Not only does he ride, but also he raises champion racehorses that are worth millions of dollars.

NICOLE
Millions. Him. He looks like he cleans out the stall thingies.

CHLOE
He does. Two of his stallions are paid 75,000 stud fees.

NICOLE
How do you know so much?

CHLOE
Danny and Brady talked incessantly about it. I walked away before they got into the gory details. But it doesn’t matter. There is no room. What I see for Salem is a family event. Carnival rides would be good. But I think it’s too late to get one for this summer.

NICOLE
Think bigger! Small town won’t get it the national attention it needs. We thought of it. The main events should be here.

CHLOE
Philip and I thought of it.

NICOLE
Whatever. You think small.

CHLOE
I was big enough--

NICOLE
I was talking your ideas not your hips.

CHLOE
I was an international star!

NICOLE
Is that why you back in Salem?

PHILIP
(Walking in)
Are the two of you still at it? Did you go to bed?

CHLOE
I was going to.

PHILIP
Why didn’t you?

CHLOE
I wasn’t going to let her get ahead of me.

PHILIP
(To Nicole)
What about you?

NICOLE
I had a few ideas I want to develop.

PHILIP
This isn’t a competition.

CHLOE
Hey, I’m the one who came up with the fund raising idea.

NICOLE
Only because he told you first. Beside, your ideas are lame.

CHLOE
At least they are reasonable enough to work.

PHILIP
Stop. I need breakfast--at least some coffee. Henderson! There is a dining room table under all that mess.

(Henderson walks in)

I’d like breakfast.

HENDERSON
I sent cook to the market. My kitchen was over run by locus last night.

NICOLE
What? Thinking makes me hungry. Chloe ate most of it.

CHLOE
I did not.

PHILIP
Can I at least get some coffee?

CHLOE
(Picking up the decanter)
I made coffee.

PHILIP
You made coffee?

HENDERSON
A fresh pot is brewing as we speak.

PHILIIP
Thank you.

NICOLE
I made French Toast. There are still a few pieces left.

HENDERSON
I know. It took me an hour to clean the mess. Is there any way I can ban them from my kitchen?

VICTOR
(Walking in)
Ban who from the kitchen.
(Seeing Chloe and Nicole)
Oh, you two. It must not be true about vampires and sunlight. Henderson, I would like breakfast.

PHILIP
It’s going to take a while. It seems the kitchen was raided last night.

VICTOR
Coffee.

CHLOE
(Picking up the decanter)
Here.

PHILIP
Chloe made it.

VICTOR
Poisoning me won’t help your cause.

CHLOE
I make good coffee.

NICOLE
Is that why the city paves the street with it?

CHLOE
You drank enough of it.

NICOLE
I was trying to be nice.

CHLOE
Nicole-nice? What an oxymoron!

VICTOR
I’ll be in my study.
(To Henderson)
I’ll have my breakfast in there.

CHLOE
Wait. I want go give you and Philip my presentation.

NICOLE
Me first!

CHLOE
I’m head of this project!

NICOLE
Says who. Philip, I have more experience.

CHLOE
On your back maybe.

PHILIP
Quiet you are giving me a headache!

(To Victor)
You knew this was going to happen.

VICTOR
Of course I did.
(Walking to the door)
That’ll teach you for trying to ruin my date.
CUT
INT: HALLWAY OUTSIDE KIRIAKIS STUDY: MORNING
Victory steps out of the study and closes the door behind him. Smirking, he smoothes his mustache once side at a time and saunters to his study.
CUT
INT: KIRIAKIS DINING ROOM: MORNING
Philip stares at the closed door.

NICOLE
There is no way I’m letting that air head tell me what to do.

CHLOE
Says the dumb blonde!

NICOLE
Philip!

PHILIP
(Pivoting around)
Quiet! Stop sniping at each other!

CHLOE
I’m head of the project. Right Philip?

PHILIP
Like the two of you could get along? You were up all night and what did you accomplish?

CHLOE
I have my proposal done.

NICOLE
Me too!

PHILIP
You didn’t work together.

NICOLE
We could work together. If I’m in charge.

CHLOE
This is a G rated event.

PHILIP
Stop!

There is a knock at front door.

I asked someone else to join the team. But after all this I’ve decided to make him team leader.

NICOLE
He who?

PHILIP
You’ll know in a few minutes.
CUT

INT: HALLWAY OUTSIDE KIRIAKIS DINING ROOM: MORNING
Philip walks out of the dining room, closing the door behind him. He walks to the front door and opens it. Lucas is standing outside.

PHILIP
(Inviting him in)
Hey bro. Glad to see you.

LUCAS
(Walking in)
Hi Philip. It’s good to be seen.

PHILIP
We’ll have to catch up later. I want to hire you to do a very special project for the vets. It’s to help fund medical care across the country to take up the slack. I’m going to be on the national committee, but I need someone to organize the local events.

LUCAS
Sounds great. Yea, I’m interested. Will I be working by myself?

PHILIP
No actually. The are already two on the committee. But you will be head of it. If you need more that’s fine. I’ll arrange for your committee to have a suite of offices downtown. Kiriakis Shipping is sponsoring the events. What ever you need, just ask.

LUCAS
Sounds great. When do I start?

PHILIP
Now.

LUCAS
Now? I’m not prepared.

PHILIP
Your staff is in the dining room. They already have ideas for you to listen to.

LUCAS
You’re going sit in.

PHILIP
I have to get to the office. Big day. Let me introduce you.

Philip walks Lucas to the door and opens it. Chloe and Nicole stare at him.

LUCAS
Introduce me? I already know Nicole and Chloe.

NICOLE
What is Lucas doing here?

PHILIP
He’s your team leader.


LUCAS
Wait a minute. This is my staff?

CHLOE
Your staff? It was my idea!

PHILIP
(Pushing Lucas into the room)
Good luck.

Philip closes the door and holds it shut.


VICTOR
(Running out of the study)
What’s going on?

LUCAS
(Off camera)
Hey. Wait a minute. Philip!

PHILIP
You’ll have your offices by tomorrow. Don’t break the china.

NICOLE
Philip this isn’t funny!

PHILIP
I hired Lucas to head the project. He is meeting his staff now.

LUCAS
(Pulling on the door)
Let me out of here. Chloe. Nicole. This wasn’t my idea. Philip! You could have at least left me a whip and a chair.

PHILIP
That’s good. Threaten them with a good time.


CHLOE
(Off camera)
Philip, I want to talk to you!


VICTOR
I thought you like Lucas.
CUT

INT: KIRIAKIS DINING ROOM: MORNING
Lucas is standing his back against the door as Chloe and Nicole advance.

LUCAS
It wasn’t my idea!

CHLOE
Project was my idea!

NICOLE
I’ve got good ideas for it.

CHLOE
You little worm. I’m not going to let you steal it from me.

LUCAS
That wasn’t necessary.

NICOLE
Yes it was. This is sheer sexism. That‘s what is.

CHLOE
You’re right. We’re women so we can’t get the job done.

LUCAS
I didn’t say that.

CHLOE
But that’s what you and Philip implied!

LUCAS
(Moving the chair between him and them)
I didn’t imply anything. Philip asked me if I wanted a job.

NICOLE
So you think you can just waltz in and take over? Not going to happen!

Teaming up, Nicole and Chloe angrily walk toward him. Lucas backs around the room toward the serving table. Pushing the remnants of midnight munchie fest off the silver platter, he holds it in front of him like a shield.
CUT

INT: HALLWAY OUTSIDE KIRIAKIS DINING ROOM: MORNING
Victor and Philip are listening at the door.

PHILIP
Do you hear anything?

VICTOR
No. Do you think they killed him?

PHILIP
No. They wouldn’t.

VICTOR
You’re right. We would have heard him scream.

PHILIP
Would they?

VICTOR
Remember who you are talking about.

PHILIP
Oh.

Philip opens the doors. Chloe and Nicole are sitting in chairs next to each other, silently looking up at Lucas

LUCAS
Okay. I’ll listen to both your ideas and then we’ll discuss the pros and cons of each. Okay?

Nicole nods.

CHLOE
Fine

PHILIP
How did you do that?

CHLOE
(Pleading)
Philip!

LUCAS
(Holding up his phone)
Hey.

CHLOE
Never mind.

VICTOR
Who were you going to call?

NICOLE
He said he’d have Sami come over.

VICTOR
Since when are you afraid of Sami?

CHLOE
She feed the twins peas and bring them over.

LUCAS
And she’d change their diapers with all that slimy, green smelly poo.

CHLOE
(Looking sick)
You don’t have to go through it again.

LUCAS
I wouldn’t mind describing it again. How it smells makes a dead fish that‘s been sitting on a hot beach for days.

Chloe runs out of the room, covering her mouth.

But sometimes it’s like rotten meat. You know after the flies have been landing on it for a while. When the maggots start squirm and popping out. They wriggle around. Remember that time we were walking in the park and someone had tossed part of a hamburger away in a bag. You picked it up to put it in the trash and all those-

Nicole runs out.

Amazed Philip and Victor watch her run up the stairs. Lucas walks toward Philip.

Sometimes it gets all running--

PHILIP
That won’t work. I help raise Claire.

LUCAS
Remember when I took you fishing when you were a kid.

VICTOR
(Laughing)
That was amazing. Welcome to the company Lucas.
(Extending his hand. Lucas shakes it)
Would you like to move it?
CUT


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: