Tuesday, May 06, 2008

If I was the Head Writer at Days of Our Lives--Part six

MARLENA
You feel like you missed a benchmark.

SAMI
It always been something that I was embarrassed about. Soon my son will able to get a better job than I can.

MARLENA
You can always get your GED.

SAMI
No. For once I want to do it right. I've been thinking about since Belle started her nursing classes. I don't always want to be dependent on others.

MARLENA
I'm proud of you. When do you want to go back?

SAMI
I called the school. I need sixteen credits to graduate.

MARLENA
You have thought this out.

SAMI
With help, I could finish in six months.

MARLENA
Then what? College?

SAMI
(Nodding)
But I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up. Working in business was only fun because of Austin. It's wasn't anything that I wanted for me. You and Belle love medicine--but that's too icky for me.

MARLENA
There are other things. If you do what you love, the rest will follow.

SAMI
I love animals--I thought about being a vet, but it would break my heart to loose one of them. I'm good with children.

MARLENA
Yes you are.

SAMI
I was thinking of teaching or working with troubled teens. I have plenty of personal experience.

MARLENA
You'd be able to help them find their way, like you have. Sami, I think you would make a wonderful councilor.

SAMI
Do you think so?

MARLENA
What can I do to help?

John walks in followed by EJ. His arm has been bandaged.

MARLENA
(Taking Moonshine from Sami)
See the big, bad kitty.

JOHN
Junior, is that the furball that attacked you?

EJ
It’s a vicious beast.

John takes Moonshine and holds it toward EJ. Moonshine hisses. EJ flinchs. John moves her away and she purrs. John once again holds her toward EJ and she hisses.

JOHN
It’s like a Klingon and a tribble.

SAMI
You can remember an epsoide of Star Trek, but you can’t remember your family.

JOHN
Funny isn’t it. What’s its name?

SAMI
Moonshine.

MARLENA
That’s funny. Renee had a cat by that name.

SAMI
Celeste gave me the idea.

EJ
So what?

MARLENA
Sami needs our help.

JOHN
Doesn’t she always.

MARLENA
This is different.

SAMI
I didn’t finish high school and I can’t get a good job without a diploma.

JOHN
I’ll give you a job.

EJ
I can take care of my family.

SAMI
We are not a family! John, I don’t want you to give me anything. I want a job that I’ve earned.

MARLENA
She wants to go back to school.

SAMI
But we need a place to stay.

EJ
Who’s going to take care of the twins?

MARLENA
That’s what’s family is for.

EJ
I’m family.

SAMI
EJ, you have nothing to do with this. John, you didn’t even know these rooms existed. And we’ll be out way.

JOHN
(Abscent-mindly scratching Moonshine)
As long as Blondie stays--you and the rugrats can.

SAMI
(Pointing at the kitten)
All of us?

JOHN
(Giving her back to Sami)
Fine. The furball stays on this side of the door.

SAMI
Thank you John.

EJ
I forbid it!

JOHN
Junior, whose house is this again?

EJ
Yours.

JOHN
Who makes the decision?

EJ
When it comes to Johnny, I do?

Moonshine hisses at EJ. Angrily, he slams out of the room. The twins start to cry. Moonshine jumps out of Sami’s arms and returns to the playpen. They stop crying.

JOHN
I like the furball better already.
CUT


EXT: TONY'S OFFICE BUILDING: AFTERNOON.
Tony is walking toward the door and he finds a white rose on the pathway. He picks it up and continues inside.
CUT

INT: TONY'S OFFICE RECEPTION AREA: AFTERNOON
Tony walk through the door and to the receptionist.

RECEPTIONIST
Mr. DiMera, here are you messages.

TONY
Thank you Marie. Did someone receive flowers?

RECEPTIONIST
Not that I know of.

TONY
(Offering her the rose)
I found it on the walk.

RECEPTIONIST
It's lovely. Thank you.
CUT

INT: TONY'S OFFICE: AFTERNOON
From above Tony is seen walking into his office. There is another white rose on his desk. He picks it up and goes back to the receptionist.

INT: TONY'S OFFICE RECEPTION AREA: AFTERNOON
Tony hold out the rose.

TONY
Can you explain this?

RECEPTIONIST
I don't understand.

TONY
I found it on my desk.

RECEPTIONIST
No one has gone into your office.

TONY
Are you sure?

RECEPTIONIST
I haven't left my desk

TONY
I don't understand.

He turns and walks back into his office.

INT: TONY'S OFFICE: AFTERNOON
Again, from above Tony is seen walking into his office. He sits behind his desk. There is another white rose on top.

TONY
Bloody hell!
CUT

INT: CARVER LIVING ROOM: LATE AFTERNOON
Lexie is playing with Theo in the living room. Celeste walks in and closes the door. She reaches out and touches the wall behind it.

CELESTE
Where is St Michael's picture?

LEXIE
What Mom?

CELESTE
St Michael's picture? It keeps evil from entering.

THEO
I know where it is.

LEXIE
You do.

Theo nods and pulls it from beneath the couch.

Where was it?

THEO
In the trash.

CELESTE
What was it doing in the trash?

THEO
The lady told me to put it there.

LEXIE
What lady?

THEO
The wind blew the door open. She was just standing there. Then the picture blew off the wall and landed under there. She came inside.

LEXIE
Why didn't you call me?

THEO
She asked me not to.

CELETE
Did she hurt you?

THEO
She told me I was a good boy. Then she went away.

CELESTE
(Stunned)
I don't understand.

LEXIE
Mom, what's wrong?

CELESTE
She attacked EJ, but not his son.

LEXIE
Someone attacked EJ? Are you sure he didn't deserve it?

CELESTE
Alexandra, I don't understand.

LEXIE
What don't you understand?

CELESTE
She said she would make Stephano pay for what he did to her and her daughter.

LEXIE
Her who?

CELESTE
I can't protect you!

LEXIE
Mom calm down. She didn't hurt Theo. She didn't try.

CELESTE
She wanted me to know that I couldn't stop her.

LEXIE
Who?

CELESTE
I deserve her vengence. I helped Stephano. But you and Theo don't. Please Lexie. Leave this place and don't look back.

THEO
(Pulling on Lexie's sleeve)
She said she was looking forward to meeting you.

LEXIE
What else did she say?

THEO
That you are your father's daughter. Mommy, what does that mean?

LEXIE
I don't know honey. Go clean up for dinner.

THEO
Okay.

He walks up the stairs

CELESTE
Alexandra.
CUT

INT: BO AND HOPE'S KITCHEN: LATE AFTERNOON
Hope is making dinner. Ciara is playing with her toys on the floor. Off camera the front door is heard opening and closing.

HOPE
(To Ciara)
Daddy's home.

BO
(Off camera)
Hope?

HOPE
We're in here. I'm making dinner.

BO
(Walking in)
Hey, there pretty ladies.
(Kissing Ciara then Hope)
How was your day?

HOPE
Frustrating? How about yours?

BO
About the same.

HOPE
Any idea who broke into to Abe and Lexie's?

BO
None. I am beginning to believe Celeste--that it was an evil spirit.

HOPE
Celeste thinks an evil spirit broke in. Why?

BO
It has something to do with Stephano.

HOPE
Why don't that surprise me. After everything he has done there is probably more than one spirit who would like to get even. How are Lexie and Theo?

BO
Their fine. Why was your day frustrating?

HOPE
I read that website about the wind generator.

BO
It's good stuff. And it'll work for our area.

HOPE
Not according to the zoning commmissioner.

BO
What?

HOPE
I called. He said that it was against the city codes.

BO
What codes?

HOPE
He wouldn't be specific. He just kept repeating that it was against "the codes."

BO
That's stupid. It's practical, effecient and self-contained. It won't be much higher than the house.

HOPE
I know Brady.

BO
Did you explain all that?

HOPE
I explained all that.

BO
It didn't make a difference.

HOPE
None.

BO
I'll go talk to him tomorrow.

HOPE
Good luck with that. I'll buy extra asprin.

BO
Very funny. I can be very charming when I want to be.

HOPE
Really. When do I get to see that side of you?

BO
Any time you want. How about now?

HOPE
Remember your daughter. You know the one you claimed who would remain a virgin until she was 50 or until after your death? You wouldn't want to give her ideas?

BO
Rain check until Doodlebug goes night-night.

HOPE
Deal.
CUT:

EXT: PARK: EARLY EVENING
The sun is just setting and the streetlights around the park have just come on. There is a three-tiered round fountain in the center of the clearing. Lights shine around the bottom and up into the falling water. John and Marlena are walking past on their way to dinner.

JOHN
I don’t remember this being here.

MARLENA
There are a lot of things you don’t remember.
She shows him the memorial plate: it reads “In Memory to John Black”.

JOHN
You build a fountain in my memory. Why? To collect the change?

MARLENA
A fountain like this one was very special to us.

JOHN
Is that why you brought me here? To bring back the old John.

MARLENA
You’ve been remembering.

JOHN
If it’s a memorial, I couldn’t remember it.

MARLENA
Not this one. But another one. On our honeymoon?

JOHN
Which one?

MARLENA
The last one.

JOHN
Just thought I’d ask. Let me guess. We made a wish and tossed in a coin.

MARLENA
Yes we did. I was a very special coin and a very special fountain. A very special wish--Trust. Honest. That we would always believe in each other no matter what.

JOHN
We should do it again. Maybe this time it’ll stick.
(He pulls out a quarter)
What should we wish for?

MARLENA
That’s not it.

JOHN
What’s not it?

MARLENA
The coin.

JOHN
It’s the largest denomination of coin I have. Do you want me to throw in a buck?

MARLENA
It has to be a lira.

JOHN
Why?

MARLENA
That’s what we used before.

JOHN
And look how that turned out.

MARLENA
John.

JOHN
(Reaching into his pocket)
I have one.

MARLENA
You remembered?

JOHN
I found it Stephano’s desk and thought it would be a good luck charm. What should we wish for?

MARLENA
I still believe in you.

JOHN
That’s not a wish.

MARLENA
Yes. It is.

They kiss. John puts the coin in Marlena’s hand and they drop it into the water together. Again, they kiss, but has the same passion as their wedding day in Italy.
CUT

INT: TONY’S BEDROOM: NIGHT
Tony is asleep in bed. He is restless. In his dream, he awakes to see the shadow of a woman standing at the foot of his bed.

TONY
I know you.

Although her features are hide by shadows, she is petite and seemly fragile. Her dark hair is piled high on her head.

WOMAN
(With a southern accent)
Yes. You do Tony. Where is Stephano?

TONY
I thought you were dead.

WOMAN
I am now. But I lived for a long time after everyone gave up on me. Is he still alive?

TONY
Yes and no. Why did you do it?

WOMAN
I didn’t. Stephano took my life from me.

TONY
I thought you--

WOMAN
He locked me alone in a room and left me to wither until death freed me. He took my life and everything I held dear to my heart.

TONY
If you a looking for justice, you’re too late. He’s locked a coma. He might have locked you in a room, but he is locked in his body. He knows nothing. Sees nothing.

WOMAN
Where?

TONY
In a hospital, not far from here.

The woman turns to leave.

Wait! I don’t understand. If you didn’t die, does that mean--
WOMAN
Good bye Tony. Love never dies when you don’t stop looking.

TONY
Don’t leave. You have to tell me.

The woman fades into the shadows. Tony suddenly awakes; tear stream down his cheeks.
CUT






Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: