Monday, December 07, 2009

Free Wiccan Ritual: Cleansing the Aura


Cleansing of the Aura
By
Theresa Chaze

There are times when everyone encounters negative or unproductive situations that leave traces on our auras. It can lead to illness or depression. By cleansing you aura, you release or banish negative energy and others’ energy sucking attachments. This ritual can be done as often as necessary.

What you will need:

Half a cup of sea salt
Half a cup of baking soda
A bath tub
Your favorite relaxing music
Your favorite incense
A white candle
A black candle
Time alone

At a time when you won’t be interrupted for about thirty minutes, cast your circle of protection around the bathroom; you can darken the room if you feel comfortable doing so. Use water as hot as you can tolerate and fill the tub, adding the sea salt and baking soda. Turn on your favorite music and light the incense. Keeping the candles handy in a safe place, step into the tub. Light the black candle, saying:

“I freely release all negativity on all levels to the Spirit of the Earth to be transmuted into a positive influence that will help myself and others grow in knowledge and wisdom.”

Visualize the light of the flame surrounding you, turning the negativity around you to ciders and nullifying its effectiveness. Submerge, allowing the water to cover you. With today’s smaller tubs, you may have to do this in stages. Light the white candle and visualize it transmuting the water to brilliant white light, saying:

“I ask that on all levels my life be filled with light, love, and wisdom so that negativity will be unable to touch me in a lasting way. May I find the patience to see the beauty in others in spite of how they present themselves. Grant me the wisdom to forgive myself and others for challenges that were not met successfully, knowing that they well again be presented. I ask that my life be filled with all that is for my best and highest good.”

Submerge again, after which relax in the tub, allowing the heat and the mood to relax you. Stay in the water until it starts to cool, approximately twenty to thirty minutes. During this time, visualize the remaining ash being washed away and being transmuted into particles of white light. When the water starts to cool, , step out of the tub and say a prayer of gratitude for the healing. Visualize the water going down the drain as white light restoring the earth and replenishing all who it touches. Release your circle.

No matter how careful you may be, there will be times when you simply cannot avoid negative situations or people. By keeping a regular cleansing routine, you will be able to limit the chaos others are able to create in your life. However, it's not always strangers who do the send us the most negativity. Frequently, it is the people we love who are the source of the energy sucking attachments. If you are experiencing a reoccurring energy drain, if might be beneficial to seek a psychic councilor who is experienced with not only sensing energy attachments, but who is capable of helping your resolve the situation in a loving way.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Thanks for this. I am in need of cleansing and was idly thinking about what sort of cleansing would feel "right" to me when I came across this ritual. It fits the bill very well. I like the down-to-earth every-day materials (I'm not a dragons blood and golden ritual athame sort of girl. Salt and baking soda are much more my sort of thing.

And I liked the words. I was raised a Catholic and still keep the faith, although my ideas have widened considerably and I'm completely at peace with the idea that what I call God is the same thing you might call The Spirit of the Earth. More often than not I think of it as the Great Big Whatever. Anyway, asking humbly for the granting of wisdom and so on chimes very well with me.

I have linked to your blog from my new (work-in-progress) blog at http://craft-blogger.blogspot.com/ I wish I could come to your Until You Walk meetings. They sound so fascinating. But I am in England I know of nothing similar anywhere near to me. How wonderful to be able to connect via the internet to like-minded people on the other side of the world.

suzanne said...

I would like to use this but where I live, is a small upright shower so do you have another to help me. i grow my own sage that I can use also... ladyhalktu@yahoo.com to get ahold of me. Blessings Be suzanne