Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Alternative Storyline for Days of Our Lives Part 31

INT: HOSPITAL HALLWAY: NIGHT
The officer at the door pushes Sami into the room. The one inside pulls her the rest of the way in and slams the door.

OFFICER AT THE DOOR
(Into his mic)
Shots fired. Possible officer down. North stairwell of University Hospital.

ABE
(Off camera)
Do not--I repeat do not leave your post

OFFICER AT THE DOOR
What about--

ABE
(Off camera)
Keep everyone away from the door. Swat is coming in.

OFFICER AT THE DOOR
What about--

ABE
(Off camera)
If you move more than ten feet from that door, you're fired!.

OFFICER AT THE DOOR
Affirmative.

Daniel walks toward the elevator, while Miles starts toward the stairway door.

(To Miles)
Down go down there!

MILES
Some might be hurt!

OFFICER AT THE DOOR
(Reaching for his gun)
I gave you an order.

MILES
(Pointing at his hand)
You're going to shoot me?

OFFICER AT THE DOOR
(To Daniel)
Don't move!

Daniel stops and raises his hands. The south stairway door opens six officers in full swat gear run onto the floor and down the hall. On the way they clear the hallway by asking people to step into the nearest room and close the door. The nurses at the station are herded into the room behind the desk. Two stop in the center of the hallway with the threesome. The others continue through the stairway door.

SWAT 1
Officer, you were told to stay by your objective.

OFFICER AT THE DOOR
I was detaining witnesses.

SWAT 1
Suspects are detained. Witnesses are protected.

MILES
He was going to shoot me.

DANIEL
That's what it looked like to me.

OFFICER AT THE DOOR
He ignored my order.

SWAT OFFICER 2
(Shaking his head in disgust)
Carver, your man needs to be relieved of duty.

ABE
(Angrily)
Send him down and stand by until his replacement gets there.

SWAT 2
Will do. Get going.

Angrily the officer marches to the elevator.

Take the stairs. The elevator is stopped between floor.

SWAT 1
(Knocking on Lucas's door)
Did you copy in?
CUT
INT: LUCAS'S HOSPITAL ROOM: MORNING
Sami is sitting on the bed next to Lucas. The officer is at the door.

OFFICER
Affirmative.
(To Sami and Lucas)
Better make yourselves comfortable. But not too comfortable.
(To Lucas)
You just had surgery and I’m still in the room.

SAMI
What do you think happened?

OFFICER
You know as much I do.

LUCAS
It can’t be good.

SAMI
How are your feeling?

LUCAS
I hurt. How’s my new son?

OFFICER
You just have baby?

SAMI
Almost a year ago.

LUCAS
I just learned I was the father.

SAMI
First we thought Johnny was Lucas then the test--

OFFICER
(Waving his hand)
Way to much information. You both seem happy. Congratulations.

SAMI
Thanks.

LUCAS
How is EJ taking it?

SAMI
I haven’t seen him.

LUCAS
I wonder what he’s planning.
CUT
INT: B & B BATHROOM: MORNING.
Ava reclining on EJ as they take a bubble bath in an old fashion claw foot tube. Their fingers intertwine and he kisses her ring.

EJ
I need to get you a real wedding ring. Something big and shiny.

AVA
If you must.

EJ
I must. I must.

AVA
(Holding it up to the light)
I like it this one.

EJ
You don’t want a big diamond to show off.

AVA
(Shrugging)
The ring doesn’t matter as long as I’m in your heart.

They passionately kiss. One of their cell phone can be heard ringing from the bedroom.

Is that yours or mine?

EJ
Sounds like mine.

AVA
Aren’t you going to answer it.

EJ
Whoever it is can bugger off.

AVA
(Looking up at him)
What if it’s important?

EJ
(Embracing her)
I’m busy.

Rolling over to face him, she kisses down his chest. There is a sudden banging on the bedroom door.

MALE VOICE
Sheriff’s department.

EJ
What’s the problem officer?

MALE VOICE
You EJ DiMera?

EJ
Yes. What’s the problem?

MALE VOICE
Open the door.

EJ
What the--just a second!

EJ gets out of the tube, quickly drying himself off he wraps the towel around his middle Ava stays in the tube.

AVA
I’ll save you place.

EJ
This better be good.
(Opening the door)
Yes officer?

The sheriff’s deputy looks him up and down as if he can’t believe his eyes; the camera follows his gaze. Although, the sheriff has a big booming voice, he’s a short, slender man who could have doubled for Don Knotts.

SHERIFF
Little late to be taking a bath.

EJ
Is there some sort of bathing law in this county?

SHERIFF
You’re all wrinkly.

EJ
My new wife and I are on honeymoon.

SHERIFF
Oh, I see. Your uncle called.

EJ
My uncle?

SHERIFF
John Black. He was worried about you? Seems you haven’t been answering you phone.

EJ
(Closing the door)
I’m not a truant child.

SHERIFF
He said its a family emergency. You need to go home immediately.

Wearing a robe, Ava walks up behind EJ.

Miss.

AVA
(Holding up her ring)
Mrs. Mrs. EJ DiMera.

SHERIFF
You’re all wrinkly too. I didn’t know these rooms had more than one tube.

EJ
They don’t.

SHERIFF
(Embarrassed)
That would mean you were in the tube together.

EJ
(Closing the door)
Yes it would. If you will excuse us, we’re going to pick up where we left off.
CUT
INT: B & B BEDROOM: MORNING

SHERIFF
(Off screen)
Well. I. You. He said it was life or death.

EJ
(To the Sheriff)
I’ll take care of it. Thank you.

AVA
You should at least call.

EJ
(Putting on his pants)
No. I’m going to kill him in person.
CUT

INT: LUCAS’S HOSPITAL ROOM: MORNING
The officer stands near the door, listening to the police chatter on his radio. Sami stands at the window, looking out.

SAMI
The fire is out.

LUCAS
How many cars?

SAMI
Looks like three. My dad and Abe walked in a few minutes ago.
(To the officer)
Are they coming up?

OFFICER
Should be here in about five.

LUCAS
Do you have any more details?

OFFICER
Sorry. I can’t.

LUCAS
You don’t know or you can’t say?

OFFICER
Both.

LUCAS
Come man. I need to know how much blood I’m responsible for?

SAMI
None. You didn’t do it..
(To the officer)
Tell him. You did the right thing.

OFFICER
I don’t know nothing about nothing.

SAMI
How is the detective?

OFFICER
(Looks away then back)
Dead.

SAMI
What about the other guy?

OFFICER
He’s dead too. I don’t know what you’re into buddy--but you’re racking up a hell of a body count.

SAMI
You don’t know what you are talking about!

LUCAS
Sami don’t.

SAMI
No. He’s implying that it’s your fault it isn’t!

OFFICER
There are two dead cops.

SAMI
He didn’t start this. The guards at Statesville did.

OFFICER
They were just doing their job.

SAMI
Beating up inmates is part of their job?

OFFICER
Who said they were the ones?

LUCAS
I do.

OFFICER
You must have been a troublemaker.

There is a knock at the door.

ROMAN
(Off camera)
Brady and Carver. We’re coming in. Codeword Jack of all trades.

The officer opens the door. Abe and Roman walk in; Miles follows.

Is there a problem in here. I heard loud voices.

LUCAS
Nothing worth mentioning.

SAMI
(Pointing to the officer)
He’s blaming Lucas.

ABE
Obviously he doesn’t have his facts straight.

MILES
I would like to lodge an official complaint. He put my patient at risk and violate his civil rights.

ABE
Those are serious charges.

MILES
I asked him leave during the exam. He refused.

ROMAN
Is that true?

OFFICER
He’s a convicted felon.

ABE
No. He is a witness and a victim of a violent crime.

MILES
That’s been his attitude since he got here. Both him and the other one.

ABE
Officer, I want you to join your partner in my office. Don’t leave until I get there.

Angrily, the officer walks to the door.

Leave your gun with the desk sergeant.

OFFICER
What about my badge?

ABE
We’ll talk about that when I get there.

The officer leaves.

I’m sorry Lucas.

LUCAS
I understand.

SAMI
I don’t.

ROMAN
Sami, calm down. Let us take care of it.

MILES
I need you all to leave. I’ll remove the drain and make sure it is safe for him to travel.

SAMI
I thought he wasn’t going to be released until tomorrow.

ROMAN
Things have changed. We’ll talk about it in the hall.

Sami, Roman and Able leave, closing the door behind them.
CUT
INT: HOSPITAL HALLWAY.

SAMI
What wrong?

ROMAN
First the twins are safe.

SAMI
The twins!

ABE
There was traffic in Maggie’s neighborhood that concerned us. So we sent someone.

SAMI
Someone like him.

ROMAN
No someone like Hope. Relax. We do know what we are doing?

SAMI
I’m sorry.

ROMAN
You’re stressed. I understand. Right now you have to focus. We’ve had to move our plans up. If Lucas can travel, you have to be moved to safe location today


SAMI
What happened?

ABE
We can’t give details on open investigation.

ROMAN
You really don’t need to know.

SAMI
Don’t need or are you afraid I’ll go ballistic? Don’t look at me like that. I know that sometimes I get a little nuts.

ROMAN
A little?

ABE
Not a word. I’m not saying a word.

SAMI
You just did.

ROMAN
Focus Sami. I’ve already talked to John. He’s taking care of the transportation between the manor and the cottage. Hope is going to meet us there with the twins. You need to pack for everyone, including Lucas.

SAMI
For how long?

ABE
We don’t know.

SAMI
You are scaring me.

The door opens and Miles walks out, closing the door behind him. Immediately, Sami walks in.

MILES
(To Abe and Roman)
I’d like him to stay another day.

ABE
That wouldn’t be a good idea.

MILES
I understand. I’ll have the supplies Marlena needs, including an antibiotic. Just in case. You can pick them up on the way out.

ROMAN
Thanks.

MILES
Don’t thank me. I’m not happy about any of this.

ABE
Neither are we.

ROMAN
But it’s the only way we’re to root out the corruption

MILES
I’ll take care of the paperwork.

Miles walks to the nurse’s station.

ABE
We have to get these guys. Two department funerals are enough.

ROMAN
Amen to that.
CUT

INT: DIMERA STUDY: LATE MORNING
Tony, Anna, Marlena and John are looking through the scrapbooks from Salem. From above the perspective watches and listens.

MARLENA
So many I remember.

ANNA
We were so young.

TONY
And foolish.
(Looking at picture of Renee)
If we only knew then what we do now.

JOHN
One of the benefit of not having a past is that there are no regrets.

ANNA
There's also no special moments. First kisses. First fights.

TONY
The making love afterwards.

The perspective focuses on Tony. Bitter, sweetly Tony remembers his moments with Renee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTHIWzLmylE

I wasn't teasing. I loved you.

ANNA
(Walking to him)
Tony, what are you looking at?

Tony snaps back to the present. Quickly, he sets the scrapbook on the table.

TONY
Old memories. Shouldn't EJ be here.

The Perspective focuses on Anna. One of the scrapbooks falls off the table and hits Anna’s foot.

ANNA
Ow!

TONY
Did I do that? I’m sorry

ANNA
Talk about the past coming back to hurt you.

JOHN
He'll be here shortly.

MARLENA
How do you know?

JOHN
I tracked him down through his GPS.

TONY
I didn't know he had a GPS.

JOHN
He does now.

MARLENA
John, what did you do?

There is a knock at the front door.

JOHN
(Walking out of the room)
I'll get it. Rolf is making lunch.

ANNA
Am I the only one who just got a cold chill up their spine?

JOHN
(Returning with Hope and the Twins)
Look who I found.

MARLENA
My goodness there you are. Hi Hope.

HOPE
Hi. Tony. Anna. I didn’t expect to see you here.

ANNA
Look at them. What I wouldn't give for one of my own.

TONY
If you ask nicely, maybe Samantha will loan you hers.

JOHN
Run Tony. Save yourself.

TONY
(To John)
Like I'd get away that easily.

HOPE
Do you know about the change in plans?

JOHN
All taken care of. The copter will be here at two.

MARLENA
When did you get a helicopter?

JOHN
Right after I lost my plane.

MARLENA
You replaced the plane.

JOHN
Now I have both. At one point, Stefano must have had one. There is a landing pad in the back and at the cottage. Mine’s better.

ANNA
Boys and their toys. Tony aren't they beautiful.

JOHN
These are big boy toys.

TONY
(Distracted)
Yes. Of course.

MARLENA
(Walking to Tony)
Old memories.

The Perspective focuses on Tony and Marlena.

TONY
You could say that.

MARLENA
She was very special.

TONY
Ever wonder what you life would have been like if--

MARLENA
Don’t go there.

HOPE
They missed their nap. I thought I’d put them down and start packing.

ANNA
Packing? Where is Sami going?

While Anna is holding Alie, she reaches out to the Perspective.

JOHN
We’re all going on adventure.

ANNA
Where?

JOHN
If I told you, I’d have to kill you.

ANNA
John.

MARLENA
It’s very complicated. Lucas was not only a witness to but was also suffered abuse at Statesville. Mickey documented it when he picked up.


HOPE
There was enough evidence to trigger an investigation. Lucas has agreed to testify. The last beating was a warning for him to keep his mouth shut.

TONY
Surely the authorities are protecting him.

JOHN
Not so much. He was nearly killed in Salem's Place yesterday afternoon.

HOPE
Not only are we taking it seriously, but it's also very personal. An officer was murdered on his way to log in evidence. This morning there was an attempt was made on Lucas’s life. Several cars were blown up in the hospital parking lot as distraction. There was shoot out. A detective and the assassin were both killed.

ANNA
I can't believe this is happening.

HOPE
Whoever is behind this knows enough about our procedures to get around them.

MARLENA
That's why John is taking us all to one of Stefano's safe houses.

TONY
You found one of his retreats. I'm impressed.

HOPE
No one on the force will know where they are. If we don' t know, there can be no leaks. Is there an easy way to get the stroller up to the nursery.

ANNA
(Picking up Ali)
Why take it up? You just have to bring it right back down. I'll care his little one up if you take her brother.

HOPE
Deal. Where is the nursery?

JOHN
I'll have Rolf take you there.
(Shouting)
Rolf.

TONY
Isn't he making lunch?

MARLENA
John likes tormenting him.

TONY
Oh.

JOHN
Rolf!

ROLF
(Running in he looks around)
More people for lunch.

JOHN
Most likely. But first take these two beautiful women up the west wing.

ROLF
I won't--can't--

JOHN
Rolf get over it. That's probably the safest place for you. She's out. If I were her, I wouldn't want anything to do with it.
(Rolf is unmoved)
Fine. You don't have to go in. Just show them to the door.

ROLF
Fine.

Carrying the children, Anna and Hope follow Rolf upstairs.

TONY
Do you trust him?

JOHN
Hell no!

The front door slams open, startling everyone. EJ marches in followed by Ava.

EJ
(Screaming)
John!
(Furious EJ enters the study)
You have gone to far!

JOHN
(Calmly)
When I call you, I expect you to answer.

EJ
You don't own me!

MARLENA
Calm down. We were worried.

EJ
Like I believe that. Tony, what are you doing here?

TONY
Ghost busting.

EJ
You don't believe that crap.

MARLENA
It's true.

EJ
It's superstitious nonsense!

JOHN
What was so important that you couldn’t return a phone call?

AVA
That would be me.

TONY
Big bad you kept him from answering his phone.

AVA
(Showing off her ring)
Big bad me did a lot of things to him.

TONY
All of which I enjoyed immensely.

JOHN
Elvis, I see you spared no expense when it came to the ring. How long were you at the gumball machine?

AVA
(Angrily swings at John)
You son of --

EJ
(Intercepting her fist and kisses it)
Darling, don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of it.
(To John)
I’m here. What do you want?

MARLENA
While we were looking for information about the identity of the woman, we found Stefano’s study.

EJ
Hold the presses! We’re standing in it.

JOHN
His real study. This is just for show. Unfortunately, he booby trapped his computer. All that information is gone.

MARLENA
We did find his scrapbooks.

Ava looks around the room at the different scrapbooks.

We were hoping that they would give us a lead.

AVA
These are his di ritagli di coppa. That’s what he called them.

The Perspective focus on Ava, circling her as if it was trying to remember her.

TONY
How would you know that?

AVA
Daddy and Stefano not only did business together, they were friends.

EJ
Ava and I grew up together. We were going to get married.
(Bitterly)
My father had other plans for me.

MARLENA
How well did you know Stefano?

AVA
Me not well. But my parents did. Stefano would hold the huge galas. My mother would act as hostess.

EJ
I remember those.

AVA
That’s how EJ and met.
(Sadly)
She was murdered during one of them.

EJ
I thought it was a car accident.

AVA
It’s not true. She died in a car, but it was on one of Stefano’s islands. She was organizing Andrea Lee’s coming out party. .

JOHN
Was this reminiscent of a pre-civil war mansion only gaudy? Half way up a hill with terrace gardens.

AVA
That’s the one

JOHN
(Pointing to a stack of scrapbooks)
You might find interesting pictures of your mother.

AVA
It was the only time we had been there. If there are pictures of us, they would be elsewhere.
(Picking up the open one on the table)
I could help with the European books. Who are you looking for?

MARLENA
You would be too young to know. We’ve narrowed down the timeline to the mid-80’s. That’s when the west wing was sealed.

AVA
Sealed? I don’t get it.

EJ
To keep a spirit locked away so she couldn’t carry out her curse against Stefano and his progeny.

AVA
Stefano cursed. Who would have thought it?

TONY
Apparently Stefano killed her daughter and locked her away.

JOHN
When Sami and I opened the door, we freed her to carry out her revenge.

MARLENA
She’s probably the one who tried to stab you.

AVA
Someone tried to stab you.

EJ
That was Samantha.

JOHN
Actually it wasn’t.

MARLENA
She has attacked others. Lexie was nearly killed. Celeste is in the hospital.

TONY
I’ve been having weird dreams--

EJ
John, do you believe this nonsense?

JOHN
I know there is a mystery.

AVA
(Opening the scrapbook)
I love a good mystery.

TONY
That one’s from Salem.

AVA
(Looking at the pictures)
I know her.

MARLENA
Who?

AVA
(Pointing to Renee)
Her.

MARLENA
Renee?

AVA
She’s a lot older now. But that’s her.

TONY
Andre murdered her. I saw her body.


JOHN
There are at least three of us in this room who have come back from the dead.

TONY
I was never dead.

EJ
Just kidnapped and held prisoner.

AVA
I saw her last year.

THE WOMAN
(Screaming)
You lie! It’s a trick!

The book is ripped from Ava's hands and thrown against the wall. The several of the pictures fall out. The album catches fire. Tony stomps out the flames. A large statue is thrown at Ava. EJ pulls her out of the way. The other piles scrap books smolder One by one they ignite. Tony tries to put out the flames; they immediately reignite.

TONY
Stop! We're trying to help you!

Furniture is over turned. EJ, Ava and John dodge lamps, books--picture fly off the walls. EJ does his best to shield Ava, who seems to be the primary target. A decanter of amber liquid is picked up by an unseen hand.

JOHN
(Pointing)
Not the Scotch!

The decanter is thrown at him. He dives to the floor. It smashes on the wall behind where his head would have been Marlena runs to him.

MARLENA
Are you alright?

JOHN
Wow! The ghost stuff is actually real!

While he stands next to Marlena, he is no longer a target.

MARLENA
You think?

JOHN
Wait a minute. You have our rolls reversed. I’m the sarcastic smart ass.

Marlena walks away and the cigar box flies of the desk toward John’s head; he blocks it. It bounces off his arm and smashes on the wall. As John dodges flying objects, he notices that neither Marlena or Tony are being attacked.

THE WOMAN
(Crying)
My daughter. He murdered her and she never knew!

MARLENA
I know that voice. How do I know that voice?

JOHN
If you know who she is, don’t keep it to yourself!

MARLENA
(To the woman)
What didn't you daughter know? Tell me. Let me help you.

The woman's voice becomes clearing and more localized to the area of the room in front of the large mirror. The fuzzy image of a petite dark hair woman appears in the broken glass, further distorting the image.

THE WOMAN
I kept the secret for so long. She never knew how much I loved her. What I did to keep her safe.

MARLENA
I'm sure she knew.

THE WOMAN
When I told her, it was to late.

MARLENA
What secret. Let us help you?

THE WOMAN
You can't help. Stefano found out and he punished me. He told me so. He said he'd make me pay. And he did.

TONY
What does this have do with Renee?

THE WOMAN
She was my daughter!

MARLENA
Lee?

THE WOMAN (LEE)
Marlena, you were right. I didn't think it through. It was my fault. My fault he murdered my daughter

AVA
(Screaming)
Renee's not dead!

THE WOMAN (LEE)
(Her image become very clear in the mirror)
It's a DiMera trick! You would say anything.

TONY
(Grabbing Ava)
Where did you see her.

EJ
(Freeing Ava)
Stop it! You're hurting her!

AVA
The night my mother died. She was on the island. They were talking. Stefano saw them. when my mother saw him, that's when she ran away. He was so angry.

TONY
Where is this island? Tell me!

THE WOMAN (LEE)

Her image stretches out of the mirror becoming 3 dimensional but not solid. Ava backs away. EJ attempts to protect her. With a wave of her hand, Lee knocks him across the room. Stunned, he slides down the wall to the floor

It's a lie! She’s dead. Stefano laughed when he told me. He broke my heart and he laughed.

Walking through the furniture between them, she pursues Ava around the room.

I saw the two of you together. You are just trying to save him. It won't work. He's just like his father. Just as cruel and manipulative.

AVA
He's not!

MARLENA
Lee, stop! Listen to me.

THE WOMAN (LEE)
No more talk. No more lies.
(To EJ)
Before you die, you are going know what it's like watch someone you love die in front of you.

AVA
She's not dead. I saw her!

THE WOMAN (LEE)
It's not true. I saw it. Andre killed her in the garden.
(A large shard of glass is lifted off the floor)
You will die as she did.

MARLENA
That's not the way it happened!

The doors and windows slam shut.

TONY
Lee.. You can't do this! Let me find out the truth!

The chard soars across the room, piecing Ava's chest.

EJ
(Screaming)
Ava!

For a moment, Ava stands staring at the glass protruding her chest before she crumples to the floor. EJ scrambles to her, cradling her in his arms.

Stay with me. Marlena saver her.

THE WOMAN (LEE)
I’m sorry Marlena. I can’t let you do that.
With a flip of her hand, Marlena is thrown against the wall. She is knocked unconscious.

Watch her died. Don’t worry. The pain won’t last long. Death will reunite you.
CUT



Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: