Tuesday, June 10, 2008

If I was Head Writer of Days of Our Lives--Part 17

INT: WESTWING ROOMS/NURSEY IN DIMERA MANSION: NIGHT
Lucas is watching the twins sleep in the cribs. In turn, he touches their faces and hands as if he is dreaming and is afraid to wake up. Sami stands a few feet away, happily watching them. He kisses both of their head, but is reluctant to leave them.

LUCAS
If this is a dream, I don't ever want to wake up.

SAMI
It isn't a dream, Lucas. You're here with us.

LUCAS
Part of me wants them to wake up.

SAMI
Trust me that wouldn't be a good time.

LUCAS
They need their sleep.

SAMI
(Pulling him toward the door)
We need to talk.

Reluctantly Lucas follows her out.
CUT

INT: MAIN ROOM OF WEST WING: NIGHT
Sami and Lucas walk in.

LUCAS
This is nice.

SAMI
I think so too. John is going to have a kitchenette set up for us in the back room.

LUCAS
How long do you intend to stay?

SAMI
I don't know.

LUCAS
Which one is EJ's room?

SAMI
It's in the other wing. I don't want to talk about him.

LUCAS
Why not? He's still your husband.

SAMI
(Angrily)
I can't believe I was that stupid.

LUCAS
I understand why you married him. You were protecting your family. What I can't understand is why you are still married.

SAMI
I didn't want to do to Johnny and EJ what I did to you and Will. I hurt you both so badly when I kept the two of you apart. I didn’t want to do that again.

LUCAS
You stayed married for Johnny.

SAMI
No. To keep EJ in the country. He said that the was going to be deported. But it was a lie. It was all a fat stupid lie!

LUCAS
Did you expect something else from a DiMera--wait, I take that back. I don't want to do this.

SAMI
I can't believe I was that stupid.

LUCAS
Stop beating yourself up. It doesn't change anything.

SAMI
What do you mean?

LUCAS
I did a lot of thinking. It was the only thing I could do late at night. We've been through so much. We've hurt each other. When push came to shove, we couldn't trust each other enough to tell the truth. And I don't want to go through it. Not again.
CUT

INT: LOBBY OF THE SALEM INN: NIGHT
EJ and Ava walk in holding hands.

AVA
Let me arrange for you to get your own key.

EJ
That won't be necessary.

AVA
It's no trouble.

EJ
I'm not going to stay. I can't. It wouldn't be fair to either of us.

AVA
Why not?

EJ
I need to find an end first.

AVA
You're not going to sleep in your car?

EJ
No. I'm going back to the mansion.

AVA
Wait until morning.

EJ
I'm not going to run away like a coward.

AVA
Don't say that about yourself. It's not true!

EJ
I don't want it to be. That's why I have to come clean as they would say in the movies.

AVA
Can we have breakfast?

EJ
Sure.
(Kissing her cheek)
I'll see you in the morning darling.

He starts to walk away; Ava spins him around and passionately kisses him.
AVA
You are still my hero.
CUT

INT: WESTWING ROOM: NIGHT

SAMI
Are you saying that you don't love me?

LUCAS
I wish I could say that, but I can't. You, the twins and Will were the only things that kept me sane.

Unseen by them, Moonshine walks into the room and stares at the ceiling in the corner. The perspective watches them from the corner.

I though about you. I dreamt about you. Waking or sleeping you were with me.

SAMI
Then why wouldn't you let me visit. Why didn't you want to see the twins?

LUCAS
I did. I did so much. But I didn't want you to see me. You didn't need those images in your head. Twins definitely didn't. I rather carry it alone and let you have the good memories.

SAMI
What good memories?

LUCAS
You had the twins.

SAMI
But we didn't have you or Will. All the precious wonderful moment made me miss the both of you even more.

LUCAS
All because we didn't trust each other. I don't know how we can get passed that. That's why I went to Mickey and Maggie's. We need the time and space to build a better foundation. We've always had love and passion. But we didn't have trust.

The perspective zooms in on Lucas, encircling him to see him from all angles. Moonshine walks around the edge of the room and hides behind the chair closest to the door.

SAMI
I don't want to hear what you’re saying.

LUCAS
But you have to. Sami, look at me. Please. Look at me.

SAMI
Why? So you can tell me to my face.

LUCAS
Yes.

SAMI
We can't be over.

LUCAS
I don't want that either.

SAMI
(Turning around)
What do you want?

LUCAS
A fresh start. A new beginning.

SAMI
That's what I want.

LUCAS
All the times before we picked back up in the middle and never really wiped the slate clean. No more lies. No more games. No more questions about the past. You made mistakes. So have I. We hurt each other and Will. This time I want it to be different.

SAMI
I want that too. Stay and we'll talk. In the morning, we can have breakfast with the twins.

LUCAS
(Kissing her check)
What time to the twins wake up. I want to come back.

SAMI
I want you to stay.

The perspective flies around and hovers in front of the door.

LUCAS
I'd like that too. New beginning. Remember.

SAMI
I have a couch. It's comfortable.

LUCAS
If I stay, I'd never know.

SAMI
I'll be good.

LUCAS
Baby, we were always good.
(He kisses her)
The only married woman I sleep with is my own.

SAMI
A piece of paper doesn't make a marriage.

LUCAS
Sometimes a piece of paper out weighs everything else.

He tries to open the door. The knob turns. The door won't open.

So much for my dramatic exit. The door won't open.

SAMI
What you mean?

LUCAS
It's not locked. Is there a trick to opening it?

SAMI
(Walking to the door)
No

She turns the knob. The door opens. Lucas takes a step towards it. The door slams shut.

Did I mention that EJ and Celeste said this part of the mansion is haunted?

LUCAS
Haunted?

SAMI
With a vengeful spirit?

LUCAS
Vengeful spirit?

Moonshine loudly meows and jumps on the back of the chair. Lucas jumps.

SAMI
Did I mention that we have a cat?

LUCAS
Haunted? Spirit? Cat? Is there something else that you want to tell me?

SAMI
Like what?

Lucas tries to open the door. Once again, it won't open. He points to the door.

I'm not doing it.

LUCAS
You sure.

SAMI
(Walking down the hallway)
Yes. I'm sure. I'll make up the couch for you.

Moonshine walks closer to Lucas and puts her paw on his hand. He scratches her head and she purrs. Suddenly she leaps on his shoulder and starts licking his ear. Sami comes back with a pillow and blanket.

Her name is Moonshine.

LUCAS
Moonshine. She is friendly.

SAMI
(Putting the bedding on the couch)
Not with everyone.

Taking Moonshine, she kisses Lucas's cheek.

If you get lonely. I'm in the third door on the right.

LUCAS
I'm not staying. Sami, open the door.

SAMI
I'm not the one holding it shut.

LUCAS
Ask your spirit friend to let me out.

SAMI
Night Lucas. See you in the morning.

LUCAS
I'm not staying.

SAMI
Okay. Don’t wake anyone up. See you in the morning

Sami walks down the hall and into her room. She leaves the door open. Lucas stares down the hall.
CUT


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: