Sunday, June 22, 2008

Alternative Storylines for Days of Our Lives Part 20

INT: EJ'S OFFICE: MORNING
EJ is making notes on files. In the corner, several empty boxes are stacked. There is a knock at the door.

EJ
(Sadly)
Come in Mickey.

The door opens and Ava walks in. She is hiding something behind her back.

AVA
I'm not Mickey. Can I still come in?

EJ
(Standing)
Of course you can.

AVA
(Please with herself)
I bought you something.

EJ
(Sadly)
You did

AVA
Aha.

EJ
Well? Are you going to going to give it to me? Or you just going stand there, teasing me with it?

AVA
(Whipping an Indiana Jones hat from behind her)
Ta-Ta!

EJ
A hat. You got me a hat?

AVA
(Walking around his desk)
Not just any hat. Don't you recognize it?

EJ
The way today is going, I need a hat. One with a big brim.

AVA
(Putting it on his head)
It's just like Indiana Jones.

EJ
(Trying to take it off)
Don't do that. It's not true.

AVA
(Pulling his hand away from the brim)
It is to me. What's the matter?

EJ
Samantha went into Mickey's office this morning. She took the annulment papers to the courthouse herself.

AVA
So you'll be free. Is there something else?

EJ
I faked being deported to give myself more time.

AVA
You were born in Salem. Didn't anybody ask?

EJ
I can be very convincing.

AVA
Or they're really dumb.
(Pointing at the door)
Didn't Mickey ask questions? Isn’t he suppose to be a great lawyer?

EJ
I deliberately kept Mickey out of it. He was so busy with Lucas that he didn't ask.

AVA
Why would you do it?

EJ
I wanted more time to make Samantha fall in love with me.

AVA
Did it work?

EJ
I thought so. Lucas came back and it was like he never left.

AVA
EJ, I wish I could say I'm sorry. But I'm not.

EJ
She's in Mickey's office right now. No doubt telling him in great detail how I tried to scam her. He is probably going to fire me.

AVA
Is what you did illegal?

EJ
Illegal? No. Unethical, most definitely. If Mickey is nothing else, he is ethical. I can get another job. But I can't loose my son.

AVA
EJ is there something else?

EJ stands up and walks away from her.
CUT


INT: MICKEY'S OFFICE: MORNING.
Mickey is behind his desk. Angry and frustrated, Sami is sitting in front of it.
MICKEY
He lied about everything?

SAMI
I couldn't believe it when she told me.

MICKEY
Sami, I'm sorry.

SAMI
What do you have to be sorry about? You were busy helping Lucas. I am so grateful to you for that..

MICKEY
I should have double checked.

SAMI
It doesn't matter. It's over.

MICKEY
I'll follow up on the annulment.

SAMI
Good. I don't want the same problem as last time. Mickey, what can I do about custody of Johnny? EJ is a good father.

MICKEY
You don't trust him.

SAMI
Stephano planned to run off with him. I'm not sure what EJ will do out of spite.

MICKEY
Is he still living in the mansion?

SAMI
He is moving out. He said he was going to take Johnny with him. I can't let that happen.

MICKEY
I'll take care of it.

SAMI
He thinks you’re going to fire him.

MICKEY
Legally I don't have just cause.

SAMI
I wasn't going to ask you too.

MICKEY
Really? Good.

SAMI
I can understand why you would think I would. I do have a reputation.

MICKEY
What do you want?

SAMI
I want Johnny to know his father. I won't do to them what I did to Will and Lucas. It just hurt everyone. But I don't want EJ in my life. Is there a way to make that happen?

MICKEY
(Standing)
Let's go talk to him.

SAMI
Okay.
CUT


INT: RECEPTION ROOM OFF HORTON LAW OFFICES: MORNING
Mickey and Sami walk out his office. They are going toward EJ's. Lexie walks in. She is startle to see Sami. The receptionist desk is empty as is the reception area.

LEXIE
Mickey.

Mickey and Sami stop.

Sami. Mickey, I need to talk to you.

SAMI
Hi Lexie.

MICKEY
I'm in the middle of something.

LEXIE
(Looking at Sami)
It has to do with the hospital. It's important. I need to know the hospital's liability if a test was deliberately falsified.

SAMI
Lexie, what are you saying?

LEXIE
I'm saying I need to talk to Mickey.

MICKEY
It's it important?

LEXIE
Extremely.

MICKEY
Sami, do you mind?

SAMI
Lexie, does it have to do with what I asked you?

LEXIE
Yes.

SAMI
Was there something wrong with the test?

LEXIE
Not with these. I walked them through myself.

MICKEY
What's going on? What tests?

LEXIE
Not only did I double check the results, but also I ask Abe to send them blindly to the FBI lab.

MICKEY
What kind of tests?

SAMI
We were going in to take to EJ about visitation.

MICKEY
Paternity test? That issue was resolved.

SAMI
After the immigration, I wasn’t sure of anything.

LEXIE
She asked me to run another set of paternity test in secret.

SAMI
I just wanted to make sure.

MICKEY
Let’s go into my office.

SAMI
No. I need to know the truth.

LEXIE
(Uncomfortable)
I’d like to talk to Mickey first.

SAMI
Lexie, please.

EJ opens his office door and steps out. Ava stands beside him.

EJ
What’s going on? Lexie, what are you doing her?

SAMI
I asked her to do set another paternity tests.

EJ
Why? We all know Johnny and my DNA matched.

LEXIE
I went back and checked. They were too much of a match. An exact match in fact.

MICKEY
What are you saying?

LEXIE
The last test was falsified. The tech matched EJ’s DNA to itself. Which is probably why they didn’t try to make Ali his daughter.

EJ
That’s not true. Samantha must have altered the test or the record. She’s done it before.

SAMI
I didn’t.

LEXIE
She couldn’t.

EJ
I’m your brother. Why are you protecting her?

MICKEY
Lexie protect Sami--are you kidding?

EJ
It’s a lie. I’m Johnny’s father. There is nothing you can do to change that.

LEXIE
The test didn’t lie. Not this time. Lucas is the father of both twins. I’m sorry Sami. I’ll understand if you would like to take action.

SAMI
Legal action? You just freed me and my family from the DiMeras.

EJ
I’m not going to let you take my son from me.

LEXIE
He’s not your son. I don’t know if you did it. Father did it. Or if the two of you cooked this up. But it’s over!

EJ
You’re my sister.

LEXIE
Half sister. EJ, you aren’t going to have to decide what kind of life you want for yourself.

EJ
I want my wife and my son.

SAMI
We are neither. EJ, I hate you. I hate your father. The two of you are just alike. Evil to the core.

EJ turns his back on them, trying to control his emotions.

AVA
Wait a minute.

SAMI
This has nothing to do with you.

AVA
(Stepping in front of EJ and pushing Sami back)
If it involves EJ. It involves me. He is a good man.

SAMI
You’re crazy!

AVA
Crazy enough to punch your lights out if you don’t shut up.

SAMI
You don’t know what he did to me.

AVA
EJ told me everything.

LEXI
How could you defend him?

AVA
He was trying to please his father. It’s something I understand.

SAMI
You just met him!

AVA
I’ve know him my whole life! So don’t even think about telling me what kind of man he is. I know he better than any of you. What you have done is despicable. How could you have hurt him this way? He just wanted you to love him!

SAMI
I never loved him. I love Lucas. EJ forced his way into my life. He hurt me--

EJ
Mickey, you and Maggie have children. She is their blood parent. You aren’t. Do you love them any less?

MICKEY
They are our children. Maggie’s and mine. The rest doesn’t matter.

EJ
So you know how I feel. I love Johnny and Ali. They are the only pure things in my life. I build my world around them. They are the reason I get up in the morning. The reason I’m trying to be a better man. Sami, you know I was a good father.

SAMI
It was all a lie.

EJ
I beg you. Don’t do this.

LEXIE
You love them so much you hurt their mother?

EJ
Samantha forgave me for that.

SAMI
Only because I thought you were Johnny’s father.

AVA
(To EJ)
Let’s get out of here.

EJ
No. I want Samantha to admit I was a good father.

SAMI
A good father? EJ--

MICKEY
You’re done here.

AVA
EJ doesn’t need you--any of you!

EJ
You can’t fire me. You don’t have grounds. I’ll sue.

MICKEY
Good. I look forward to it. All this will come out. You’ll loose your license on ethics violations.

AVA
(To EJ)
Come with me.
(Pulling him toward the door)
There is nothing we can do now. We’ll fix it later. EJ, look at me. Let me take care of you.
(EJ nods)
Come with me.
(To the others)
You’re going to be sorry.

SAMI
I’m sorry I even met him.

AVA
You don’t even know the definition of sorry yet. Any of you.
(To Lexie)
Sister? You took his family from him.

LEXIE
They’re not his family.

AVA
How would you feel if you lost your family?

MICKEY
Ava, threats don’t help.

AVA
Promises. And I always keep my promises.

Ava leads EJ from the offices.

LEXIE
Why do I have the feeling that she is the worse of the two?

SAMI
Lucas is Johnny’s father. I can’t believe it. Lexie are you sure. There are no mistakes?

LEXIE
Positive. For sure. The end.


MICKEY
(Looking toward the door)
I don’t think it’s the end. Far from it.

LEXIE
Do you think she’ll make good on the threats?

MICKEY
You can make book on it that she’ll try.
CUT

EXT: SECULUDED PART OF THE PARK: MORNING
EJ stands in the shadows watching the children play. Tears streaming down his cheeks. Ava stands near him.

EJ
That’s what I wanted. A family and home.

AVA
You can still have that.

EJ
I had it. It was mine. Why couldn’t she just love me? I gave up everything for her. You don’t know what it was like seeing my son look up at me with love. Total unconditional love. Trust. I was clean again. It was a fresh start.

(Taking off the hat, he tries to throw it. Eva catches it)

I betrayed my father. When he needed me, I turned my back on him. I did it all to be the kind of man Johnny could be proud of. I wanted to give him the kind of life, that I wanted. Two parents. A home. A supportive family. Did you know I barely remember my mother?

AVA
I remember.

EJ
The only I remember about her is crying for her. She never came. Father did. He would lift me up in his arms and point out the world--that belongs you, he said. I give it to you my son. My son. I loved how he said it. So full of pride. I thought he owned the world. There wasn’t anything he couldn’t do. I wanted to be like him. To have people look at me with that kind of respect. Even when he sent me to university and we lost each other. Even if I didn’t like it at the time. I knew there had to be a good reason. He gave me whatever I wanted. No questions. I’d ask. It would magically appear. Then he told me what the Brady’s did to our family. How we could loose everything if the truth came out. He asked me to help him. My father finally needed something from me--an heir with a Brady woman to save the family. That’s all. I was simple. The one thing he asked of me and I failed him. I’ve nothing left. No family. No home. No job. My father disowned me.

AVA
You have me. You will always have me.

EJ
Why?

AVA
You are still my hero. You always have been. You went looking for me after I found my mother. You took the razor blade and gave me a reason to live. Ever since, it was you and me against the world. Even when the separated us, you were in me, keeping me strong. I just had to look inside myself to find you. Suddenly I had the strength. Let me do that for you. Together we can do anything. The world thought Stephano was a great and powerful man. We’ll show them the true definition. Stephano will have no choice but to respect you. As for them. They haven’t seen anything yet.

(Putting the hat back on his head)

It’s still you and me. For richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, getting even with all others until we are paid all our due.

EJ
Forsaking all others.

AVA
No matter what the cost.

They passionately kiss.
CUT

EXT: SALEM COURTYARD ACROSS FROM THE BRADY PUB: MID DAY
Lexie is walking toward the Pub to meet Abe for lunch. From above, the perspective, watches her. Suddenly, Lexie stops and nervously looks around. Across the courtyard are the steps leading to Collin and Lauren store. The perspective zooms in on her. The cross glows. Lexie is shoved but not harmed. The perspective encircles her. Confused, Lexie looks for it. Collin appears at the top of the stairs.

COLLIN
Lexie. Quick. Come here.

The perspective refocuses its attention on Collin. Lexie sees him and runs toward him. The perspective closely follows. Lexie and Collin run down the stairs and through the open door. They dash in. Lauren slams the door shut. She holds a lit St Michael’s candle in front of her. The window cracks. The door rattles.
CUT


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: