Saturday, June 28, 2008

Alternative Reality Storylines for Days of Our Lives-Part 21

INT: BRADY PUB: MID-DAY
Lucas, Nicole, and Chloe walk in.

NICOLE
I don't know why Victor was making such a big deal about us working there. It's not like there wasn't enough room.

CHLOE
We did clean off the table.

LUCAS
It was fine for me. I'm hungry. Besides, I want to get Caroline on board. Let's sit in the corner.

NICOLE
Why? Are you ashamed to be seen with us?

LUCAS
No. The two of you will have fewer distractions and we'll get more work done. One the way over made a few calls. Grandma Alice and Julie are willing to help.

CHLOE
I loved singing with Doug.

NICOLE
Yea, yea. Don't need to hear it again. What can Alice do? She's like a hundred years old.

LUCAS
It's going to be the most popular booth in the fair.
(Gloating)
And I get to help them with it.

NICOLE
I can't believe Philip agreed to that.

CHLOE
It was a compromise. You'll still get your mucky-muck event.

NICOLE
At Chez Rouge. I was thinking of thousands of people. Not hundreds.

LUCAS
It'll be expensive and elite. Isn’t that what you wanted?
NICOLE
Yes. But I wanted grand and glitzy.

CAROLINE
(Walking up with menus)
You wanted what grand and glitzy.

LUCAS
Caroline, how would you like to part of something that will not only be spectacular, but will make a big difference?

CAROLINE
I don’t do grand and glitzy.

CHLOE
How about homey, family oriented and fun?

CAROLINE
I can do that. What do you need?

LUCAS
What you do best.

CHLOE
Philip realized that the vets in the country weren’t receiving the care they needed. He and I came up with an idea to help change that.

CAROLINE
How can I help?

NICOLE
We are organizing a national fun raiser.

CHLOE
It will be like Comedy Relief meets the Labor Day Telethon. There will be a national event that will interlink the local ones.

NICOLE
Salem will be the center of the action.

LUCAS
That hasn’t been decided yet. The three of us are the local organizing committee.

CAROLINE
(To Lucas)
You are going to have your hands full.

CHLOE
We decided--

NICOLE
You decided.

LUCAS
We decided.

CHLOE
To have a local fair.

NICOLE
Maggie has also agreed to host a fun raising dinner concert at Chez Rouge.

CAROLINE
Do you want me to host a dinner here?

LUCAS
Not exactly.

CHLOE
We want you to open an out door restaurant at the fair.

CAROLINE
That’s going to take a lot work.

CHLOE
It wouldn’t have to be anything fancy.

LUCAS
What if we could arrange for someone else to do all the work at the fair? All you would have to do is cook. Would you do it?

CAROLINE
I guess that would be alright. I’ll even donate the food.

CHLOE
Instead of a restaurant--a buffet or just offer a meal. They could choose between two main courses and several side dishes. We could have people serve as the people walk past.

CAROLINE
It would make it a lot simpler. What would you like me to serve?

CHLOE
Do you think it’ll be too hot for chowder?

CAROLINE
Hot soup on a summer day?

CHLOE
I get your point. But I will have a cup for lunch and half a Reuben with ice tea.

CAROLINE
How about chicken and ribs. Hot dogs for the kids.

NICOLE
Sorry. I suddenly realized how hungry I am. Salad for me.

LUCAS
Maybe we should order lunch first. We can decide the menu later.

CAROLINE
What do you want to drink?

LUCAS
(Warning)
Nicole.

NICOLE
Fine. Lemonade.

LUCAS
Regular lemonade.

NICOLE
Take all the fun out of it.

LUCAS
I’ll have the other half of her Reuben and an order chili fries. With ice tea.

CHLOE
Make it a large. We’ll share.

LUCAS
Get your own.

NICOLE
Selfish. Chloe will you share an order.

CHLOE
Yes. I will.

LUCAS
Wow! The two of you agreed on something without a fight. A miracle.

NICOLE
Shut up!

CHLOE
Yea, Lucas. Shut up.
CUT
INT: COLLIN AND LAUREN’S STORE: MID DAY
The door rattles. Lauren stands in front of it; the St. Michael’s candle held before her. Collin pushes Lexie toward the center of the store and picks up second St. Michael’s candle. He steps beside Lauren.

LAUREN
God forgive this soul wandering in the shadows of ignorance. Lord- light the lamp of knowledge for this being wasting opportunities to move forward to illumination. Spirit hear my voice that demands you progress! You who causes me chaos with your evil energies-STOP! DESIST! God make this spirit learn and forgive me if I have committed anything grievous against this soul. Accept responsibility for what you do and choose enlightenment and peace. Go with your guardian into the light and DO NOT RETURN AGAIN!

The door stops rattling. The glass turns translucent. The image of a petite dark haired woman appears in the glass; her hair is piled high on her head. She has a three dimensional quality that the defies the thickness of the window as if the glass was the doorway to another dimension and she stands on its threshold. Her facial features never become clear.

WOMAN
You helped deny me the justice.

LAUREN
We did what we thought best.

WOMAN
What right do you have to judge what is best? You sided with evil.

COLLIN
We sided with none. We only tried to help you find peace.

WOMAN
By locking my soul away as Stephano locked my body.

LAUREN
There was a way out.

WOMAN
I will take that walk into the light when I receive justice.

COLLIN
Justice or vengeance?

WOMAN
They are one in the same.

LEXIE
Who are you?

WOMAN
(Refocusing her attention on Lexie)
You are your father’s daughter. You followed in his footsteps. You stole a child like he stole mine.

LEXIE
I was ill.

WOMAN
With the sickness of your father’s blood in your veins.

(Walking closer, her hand pieces through the glass into the store)

You will be the first, but not the last.

Lexie starts to gasp for breathe.

Her forearm to the elbow emerges and Lexie drops to her knees. The red stones in Lexie’s cross begins to glow. The glow radiates out and in front of Lexie.

WOMAN
Marie, you would not stand in the way of a mother’s justice. Let not my daughter’s murder go unpunished.

The glow begins to fade.

COLLIN
(Stepping forward and holding his candle out in front of him)
Glorious St. Michael especially favored by our God and destined to guard and protect us for the salvation of our souls, we receive your mercy during life and after death. Humbly we ask you look upon us with grace and defend us against our enemies as our angel of peace. As the right hand judge of God, you weigh justice. As the general against the heavenly rebellion protect us against these evil rebels that walk the earth. You cleansed the heavens of angelic sinners against God--for the faithful you are protector. We implore you save us from evil as the obedient envoy and general of God in all things divine.

The woman is pushed back into the glass. The door violent shakes. The glass shatters.
CUT
EXT: BRADY RESTAURANT: MID DAY
Abe is walking toward the Pub. He hears glass shattering. Stopping, he looks to find the source. People in the courtyard are pointing and walking toward the Collin and Lauren’s store. Abe follows. Half way there, he meets Celeste.

CELESTE
Abraham, what happened?

ABE
I don’t know. What are you doing here?

CELESTE
I was meeting friends.

ABE
I don’t know. I heard glass breaking. It seemed to come from over there

A crowd gathers at the top of the steps leading down to the store.

CELESTE
Lauren? Collin?

Celeste runs toward the store; Abe follows. Pushing her way through the crowd, Celeste runs down the stairs, but stops before going in. The door is in pieces; part of it still hangs loosely from its hinges. The glass has been shattered; most of the pieces lie in single line in front of Collin as if they were stopped by a solid wall.

What happened?
CUT

INT: COLLIN AND LAUREN’S STORE: MID DAY

COLLIN
We have a problem.

LAUREN
(Sarcastically)
Still the master of the understatement. She nearly materialized.

LEXIE
(Terrified)
Mom.

CELESTE
(Seeing Lexie, she enters)
Alexandra. What are you doing here?

Abe is walking down the stairs.

COLLIN
We sensed her presence. I reached the top of the stairs in time to see her attacking Lexie in the courtyard.

ABE
What is happening here? Lexie?

CELESTE
(Kneeling beside Lexie to comfort her)
That’s not possible.


LAUREN
But it happened.

ABE
Lexie?
(Going to her)
Are you okay?

LEXIE
(Standing)
Abe? I’m not hurt. Just scared.


CELESTE
Look around Abraham. Does this look like a simple intruder?

ABE
What are you talking about?

CELESTE
She did this.

ABE
She who?

COLLIN
(Shaking his head)
I won’t say her name and bring her back. All we did is make her angrier.

ABE
Are you talking about the vengeful spirit again?

LAUREN
We have to let the others know. Celeste, she targeted your daughter.

LEXIE
She knew about the mistakes I made.

LAUREN
She is using them as a justification.

CELESTE
You have to leave. There isn’t another choice.

COLLIN
As powerful as she is, do you think distance will stop her?

ABE
I don’t accept this. Any of it. There is a logical explanation.
(Looking around)
What is this place?

LAUREN
Accept it or not. The broken glass you are stepping on is real.

LEXIE
Abe, I saw her. I heard her.

ABE
She who?

COLLIN
No!

LEXIE
She seemed familiar. I don’t know where I saw her. Abe, she said I was just like my father!

ABE
(Embracing her)
That’s not true.

LEXIE
If I hadn’t seen it, I wouldn’t believe--she came out the glass.

ABE
Did she break the window?

LEXIE
No. It was like she was inside the glass itself.

ABE
That’s not possible.

COLLIN
She nearly manifested.

LAUREN
St Michael’s prayer was only able to push her back.

CELESTE
Oh my God. She’s unstoppable.
CUT

No comments: