Tuesday, May 27, 2008

If I was Head Writer at Days of Our Lives--Part 13

STEPHANO
Or you will do what? What is left to be done to me?

WOMAN’S VOICE
You have not yet begun to shed your tears.

She waves her arm toward the darkness of one wall. Lexie and Theo images appears as she reads a book to her son. Beside is an image EJ is seen sliding into his car.

STEPHANO
You waste your time.

WOMAN’S VOICE
We shall see. Stephano, ask yourself how is that I am free, when the seal could be broken by a woman who bested you?

She disappears into the darkness, leaving Stephano alone: Once again, Stephano is staring at his hospital room.

STEPHANO
(In his mind)
This cannot happen. There has to be a way to stop her. I am Stephano DiMera!
CUT

INT: POLICE STATION: AFTERNOON
Hope sits at a desk filing out reports. Roman comes out of his office to get a cup of coffee.

ROMAN
The never ending paper work.

HOPE
Aint that the truth.

ROMAN
The warehouse break ins?

HOPE
At first, we thought it was kids looking for a place to party.

ROMAN
What changed your minds?

HOPE
The pattern. Nothing is ever stolen. They don't do any damage. It looks like they used them until people start to take notice.

ROMAN
Then they move on.

HOPE
Exactly.

ROMAN
Homeless looking for shelter.

HOPE
Not according the descriptions the witness gave. Late teens to early twenties. Well dressed. Newer cars.

Bo angrily slams in.

ROMAN
The Burger Barn burn you lunch again.

BO
Very funny.

HOPE
Burger Barn? Cholesterol level? You promised.

BO
It’s only once in a while. And no, I skipped lunch.

HOPE
Low blood sugar?

BO
No. It’s not my blood sugar.

ROMAN
(Amused)
Then what is it little brother that has gotten you all in a tizzy?

BO
The idiots at City Hall.

ROMAN
The ones who sign our checks.

BO
Those would be the ones.

HOPE
You talked to them about the wind generator.

BO
They made no sense.

ROMAN
What wind generator?

HOPE
Bo found a generator online that can power a home in 7 mph wind. It’s great. It’s all self contained.

BO
City Hall claims that the tower is too high. They wouldn’t even listen.

ROMAN
Well, they are kind of tall for in the city limits.

HOPE
This one is only 33 feet.

ROMAN
Most houses are taller than that.

BO
That was the point I was trying to make. They claimed it would be a separate structure. Which makes it limited to 14 feet.

ROMAN
Couldn’t catch much wind with that.

BO
Exactly.

HOPE
What are you going to do?

BO
I don’t know. The clerk said they were going to revisit the issue in six month. Six months! With the price of fuel and global warming. You think they would jump at the chance.

ROMAN
Elections are coming up.

BO
Yea, so.

ROMAN
Stevenson is retiring.

HOPE
Are you suggestion that Bo should run.

ROMAN
Cut off date is in a few weeks.

BO
I’m a cop.

ROMAN
Think of all the criminals who would vote for you just to get off the streets.

BO
I couldn’t.

HOPE
Why not?

BO
What do I know about politics?

ROMAN
So instead of making changes, you rather just flap your lips.

BO
Why don’t you run? Your better qualified.

ROMAN
(Taking his coffee back to his office)
I’m not the one with the issues.

Roman closes his door.

BO
Me? A town councilman?

HOPE
Weirder things have happened Brady. Remember how many people came back from the dead.
BO
The Return of the living dead.

HOPE
Only this movie we call, Bo Brady Invades City Hall. Or no, wait better Bo Kong.

BO
At least you didn’t say Donkey Kong.

HOPE
Only because you thought of it first.
CUT


INT: DIMERA STUDY: AFTERNOON
Sami opens the door and pushes in the stroller, closing the door behind her. She has been obviously crying. Marlena walks out of the study.

MARLENA
Sami, what wrong? Are the twins okay?

Sami bursts into tears. Marlena rushes to her and puts her arms around her.

What wrong? John. Sami what’s wrong?

SAMI
It’s Lucas.

JOHN
(Walking in)
What’s with the water works? You’re creating a puddle on my floor.

MARLENA
John, take the twins upstairs so I can talk to Sami.

JOHN
Me? I don’t know nothing about babies, Miss Scarlet.

MARLENA
John, not now.

JOHN
Rolf!

Rolf runs in from the back of the house.

ROLF
What is it?

JOHN
Take care of the critters. Then go get a few sandbags. I think we’re in for a flood.

MARLENA
(Leading Sami into the study)
Was that necessary?

JOHN
I thought so. What’s that smell? God! What do feed them?

SAMI
(Wiping her tears away)
I’ll take care of them. They’re my children.

MARLENA
And your my daughter.

ROLF
It won’t be the first diaper I’ve changed. I’ll take them into the kitchen to change them

JOHN
Must you?

MARLENA
Just take them upstairs

JOHN
Why the kitchen? My food is in there.

ROLF
I won’t go up into those rooms.

MARLENA
That’s silly. There is nothing wrong with them.

JOHN
Give it up Blondie. He’s afraid.

ROLF
With good reason

SAMI
It‘s okay, Rolf. I’ll be right there. Thank you.

ROFL
I’ll wait for you in the back.

Rolf pushed the stroller towards the back of the house.
CUT

INT: DIMERA STUDY: AFTERNOON
Marlena and Sami walk in, followed by John.

MARLENA
What happened to Lucas?

JOHN
He’s the one with the bad aim. I’m just updating my scorecard.

SAMI
He was released today.

MARLENA
How did that happen?

SAMI
Mickey helped him get a pardon.

JOHN
When will the jailbird be moving in?

MARLENA
Lucas is moving in? With EJ?

SAMI
Don’t worry. Lucas decided to stay with Maggie and Mickey. I don’t understand. He didn’t want to talk to me.

MARLENA
A lot has happened.

Front door opens and closes.

He may need a day to regroup.

SAMI
He was hurt.

MARLENA
How bad?

SAMI
I don’t know. Mickey brought him to the hospital. They took him upstairs and wouldn’t let me come.

MARLENA
What were you and the twins doing at the hospital?

SAMI
It doesn’t matter.

EJ walks in the room.

You!

EJ
Me?

SAMI
(Picking up a large porcelain statue)
It’s all your fault!

JOHN
(Grabbing the statue from her)
That’s mine.

SAMI
He lied.

EJ
About what now pray tell?

SAMI
Mr. Burke. The deportation. It was all a lie.

EJ
Darling you met him. You saw his credentials.

SAMI
I called the Washington office. There is only one Burke that works for them and she never heard of you!

EJ
You’re mistaken.

SAMI
You were born in Salem. That makes you a citizen.

EJ
I explained about my birth certificate.

SAMI
Angie Burke. The real agent back checked the courthouse files. There was enough of a paper trail to confirm that you are a citizen.

MARLENA
Didn’t Mickey check?

SAMI
EJ didn’t want his help. He was taking care of it himself.

MARLENA
You lied?

JOHN
(To EJ)
Ever see a Natural Geographic?

EJ
What does that have to do with this?

JOHN
Ever see what a momma lion does to anything that threatens her cub?
(Pointing to Marlena)
Momma lion.
(Pointing to Sami)
Cub. Any questions?

SAMI
It was just trick to keep me from divorcing him. All these months. I could have been remarried to Lucas.

EJ
I can explain.

MARLENA
Explain what? How you lied and manipulated the whole family?

JOHN
You might want to run. She’s a better shot.

EJ
Marlena. If you will just listen.

SAMI
To what? More of your lies. How much did it cost you to have Lucas hurt?

EJ
I didn’t. I used my father’s contacts to keep him safe.

MARLENA
Safe in his grave no doubt.

JOHN
At least the cops won’t have to worry about notifying your next of kin. Stephano’s out of it and I already know.

SAMI
(Picking up another sculpture)
Get out here!

JOHN
(Taking it away from her)
Don’t break my stuff.

EJ
It’s my father’s.

JOHN
(Giving it back to her)
Okay. But just this one.

MARLENA
(Grabbing it)
Samantha Jean!

SAMI
John said I could.

MARLENA
Get out of here EJ.
JOHN
I’d listen to her if I were you.

EJ
(Backing out of the room)
If you would only listen. I can make you understand.

Sami grabs a smaller statue and throws it at him. It smashes on the wall beside EJ’s head.

I’m sorry.

EJ picks up his brief case and walks out the front door.

SAMI
You’re not now. But you will be.
CUT

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: