Thursday, May 22, 2008

If I was the Head Writer at Days of Our Lives-Part 12

INT: STEPHANO'S HOSPITAL ROOM: EARLY AFTERNOON
EJ stands in the doorway. Angrily, he watches Stephano is lying in his bed. Slowly he walks into the room and stands at the food of the bed. But even as he walks in the perspective from above follows him into the room.

Zooming into Stephano’s eyes, you see him standing on a stage, wearing a full tux and singing Ave Maria with a full orchestra. He is enjoying himself immensely.

EJ
(Off screen)
Father.

STEPHANO
(In his mind)
Go away! I’m busy.

Stephano tries to continue the song, but the stage has vanished and he sees EJ standing at the foot of his bed. He can see and hear, yet he still doesn’t have access to the outer world.

You traitor. What do you want from me now? My forgiveness? That will never happen.

EJ
Driving over here. I planned to put a pillow over your face and smoother the life out of you.

STEPHANO
You don’t have the guts.

EJ
But that would be too merciful. Do you remember Eva Vitali. She remembers you. So does her father. Was I ever just your son? Or was I just another one of you pawns that you moved around the chest board?

STEPHANO
A true son wouldn’t have turned his back on me. He would have torn apart heaven and earth to find a cure. You turned your back on me! You left me here.

EJ
I loved her and she loved me.

STEPHANO
Is that why you are here, whining at my bedside? A woman?

EJ
We could have been happy together. You took that future from me. For what? To bring me here. To get your revenge. To plant my seed in a Brady woman. You didn’t care which one as long as you had an heir with Brady blood. You took my soul mate from me and bound me to a woman who hates me. But I’m confused. Was the vendetta for Santo or for you? You couldn’t force Marlena to submit to you, so you had me take her daughter.

STEPHANO
I didn’t force you to rape her. It was you who wasn’t man enough to make her want you.

EJ
My whole life is a lie.

STEPHANO
If you had done what you were told, you and my grandson would be living happily at the villa. You were too stupid to listen. You let that woman control you.

EJ
I don’t know how to fix it. Every time I look at Samantha, I see the monster I’ve become. I didn’t used to be that way. I was a good person. I just wanted you to love me as your son. You never thought of me other than a means to an end.

(Picking up a pillow)

I could kill you. It would be so easy. No one would care to ask question. They would just be grateful that you were gone. Father, I hope you can see and hear me. See how close you are to dying.

(Dropping the pillow on Stephano’s chest)

But I won’t. It would be too kind. I want you to live a long time knowing that everything you’ve done was for nothing. My son will never know you.

STEPHANO
(Laughing)
Your son?

From above, the perspective focuses in on Stephano

WOMAN’S VOICE
(Southern Accent)
It has been a long time.

STEPHANO
Who--I know that voice.

Stephano is suddenly standing back in the stage in the middle of the spotlight. The orchestra is gone. The house is dark. The silhouette of a woman can barely be distinguished from the shadows.

WOMAN’S VOICE
Of course you do.

STEPHANO
You’re dead.

WOMAN’S VOICE
Why am I not surprised that you would create this grandiose diversion. You always though the world revolved around you. Than none of the rest of us existed beyond your need or good graces.

STEPHANO
Get out! You have no place here.

WOMAN’S VOICE
This is the in between place. Life. Death. Your will has no meaning here. You locked me away in a room until I begged for death to take me. Now you are locked in this in between. Not free from life. Kept from death.

STEPHANO
You betrayed me.

WOMAN’S VOICE
Do you remember what I told you?

STEPHANO
You were mad! Curses don’t exist!

WOMAN’S VOICE
You made me that way. All those years alone. No comfort. No love. No chance to put flowers on my daughter’s grave. You mocked my tears.

STEPHANO
You should not have kept her from me.

WOMAN’S VOICE
I wanted to save her from your evil. To keep her from turning into a monster. Even locked in my prison, I have seen and heard. Your evil has spread through your children.

STEPHANO
You can do nothing!

WOMAN’S VOICE
Do you remember what I said/

STEPHANO
You are powerless. Meaningless ranting.

WOMAN’S VOICE
Is that why you had Celeste barrier the door, locking me inside. Are you not curious how I was freed?

STEPHANO
You are not real. This is not reality. My mind...EJ, my son you have to help me.

WOMAN’S VOICE
He is your son. The heir of your legacy not only in blood but in deed. He left you here to die alone. As you left me. You didn’t answer my question. What did I say with my last breath?

STEPHANO
Elvis, son I forgive you. Help me!

WOMAN’S VOICE
(Stepping forward but remaining in the shadows)
You murdered my daughter--

STEPHANO
She was my daughter too. I loved her like no other!

WOMAN’S VOICE
You killed her!

STEPHANO
She’s alive!

WOMAN’S VOICE
You lie!

STEPHANO
I would never let anyone harm her!

WOMAN’S VOICE
Where is she?

STEPHANO
I wouldn’t tell you in life. What makes you think I would tell you now?

WOMAN’S VOICE
(Retreating further into the shadows)
You will tell me sooner or later.

STEPHANO
Or you will do what? What is left to be done to me?

WOMAN’S VOICE
You have not yet begun to shed your tears.

She waves her arm toward the darkness of one wall. Lexie and Theo images appears as she reads a book to her son. Beside is an image EJ is seen sliding into his car.

STEPHANO
You waste your time. They are nothing to me any more.

WOMAN’S VOICE
We shall see. Stephano, ask yourself how is that I am free, when the seal could be broken by a woman who bested you?

She disappears into the darkness, leaving Stephano alone: Once again, Stephano is staring at his hospital room.

STEPHANO
(In his mind)
This cannot happen. There has to be a way to stop her. I am Stephano DiMera. No one defies me.
CUT



Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: