Sunday, April 27, 2008

If I was the Head Writer of Days of Our Lives Part Five

INT: ROOM IN WEST WING: EARLY AFTERNOON.
Sami is stands on a ladder, putting up the freshly washed curtains. The twins are in a playpen on the other side of the room. Their eyes track as someone only seen by them walks to the playpen. They laugh and giggle. Johnny tosses his rattle. It hits the floor

SAMI
(Hearing the rattle, Sami turns around)
Just a second Johnny. I’ll get it.

Johnny points at it. An unseen hand returns it to him. He giggles. Sami finishes hanging the curtain and gets down off the ladder. She walks to the twins and looks around on the floor. She sees Johnny has it.

I though I heard you drop it. Silly mommy.

Celeste walks in the door, followed by EJ

Ever heard of knocking?

EJ
What are the children doing in here?

SAMI
Close the door.

EJ
(Closing the door)
What kind of mother are you? It’s filthy.

SAMI
If you had asked--John hired a cleaning crew. The whole wing is spotless.

Celeste looks around the room as if she expects to find someone.

Hello Celeste. Long time. What are you doing here?

CELESTE
I need to talk to you Samantha. You can’t stay here. It’s not safe.

SAMI
Is that why EJ brought you? He couldn’t convince me but he thought that you would?

The white cat walks into sight from one of the rooms down the hallway and towards the sitting room.

John said it’s perfectly safe.

The cat meows. Celeste sees her.

CELESTE
(Terrified)
Moonshine?

SAMI
(Looking at the cat)
Do you know her? Does she belong to someone?

CELESTE
(Composing herself)
I'm sorry she couldn't be.

SAMI
Who is Moonshine?

CELESTE
Renee DiMera’s cat.

EJ
My dead half sister.

SAMI
I know who she is. Stephano had her killed.

CELESTE
Stephano would never let her be harmed. Of all his children, he loves her best.

SAMI
To bad for you EJ.
(Picking up the cat)
Moonshine? What you do think?
(The cat meows and purrs)
I like it too. Moonshine it is.

EJ
Keep it away from the children. You don’t know what kind of diseases it has.

SAMI
According to the vet, Moonshine is perfectly healthy. EJ, I’m fed up with you giving me orders. You know nothing about the care of children.

CELESTE
Samantha, I need to talk to you.

EJ
Will is a sterling example of your mothering skills.

SAMI
That was uncalled for.

CELESTE
Elvis please let me talk to her.

EJ
Fine. I’ll take Johnny down stairs.

Moonshine leaps from Sami’s arms and jumps into the playpen. Celeste screams. Moonshine rubs around the twins. EJ reaches for her; she hisses and lashes out. EJ snaps back for an instant, before reaching for her again. He is bitten. Sami intervenes between him and the playpen. Immediately Moonshine calms down and lies down between the twins.

CELESTE
(Stunned)
I don’t understand.

EJ
That animal is rabid. It needs to be destroyed!

SAMI
I wouldn’t if I was you.

CELESTE
There is something else going on here.

SAMI
She was protecting the twins.

EJ
From me?

CELESTE
Yes. She was. Samantha, where did get her?

SAMI
She was outside the window in the tree. I took the screen out and she jumped in.

CELESTE
She wasn’t in the room until you let her in.

SAMI
Yes. Why?

CELESTE
She isn’t part of the curse.

SAMI
Curse?

EJ
Yes, my father and his whole blood line were cursed.

SAMI
Why am I not surprised. EJ you’re bleeding on my clean floor. Do you want to go put a band-aid on that?

EJ
You compassion is overwhelming.

SAMI
If you had listened to me, you wouldn’t have been scratched.

EJ
(Leaving)
That animal isn’t going to stay. I’ll see to it.

CELESTE
What has EJ told you about these rooms?

SAMI
Not much. John wants me to redecorate. I found the door and Rolf refused to open it. I asked John. Neither him nor Rolf would open if for him either. They said Stephano forbid it. John picked the lock.


CELESTE
There was a reason.

SAMI
What reason?

CELESTE
A long time ago, Stephano locked a woman who betrayed him in her. Everyone thought she was dead. Including her daughter. She lived out her life alone. With her last breath, she cursed Stephano and his children

SAMI
Stephano does bring out the worse in people.

CELESTE
I needed to protect Alexandra, so I sealed the room. I never thought anyone would be able to beat Stephano so I made that the key. Only someone who had bested Stephano would be able to free her spirit.

SAMI
John--

MARLENA
(Walking into the room)
Sami. EJ came downstairs bleeding. Celeste. I didn’t know you were here.

CELESTE
I came to talk to Samantha. But it seems my fears were unfounded.
(Walking toward the door)
I don’t understand. But I know others who will.

Celeste leaves and closes the door behind her.

MARLENA
Sami, John has been very good about helping you and EJ by letting you live here.

SAMI
Mom, I know. I’m very grateful.

Moonshine jumps out of the playpen and goes to Sami.

MARLENA
You shouldn’t take advantage.

SAMI
I have been doing some thinking.
(Picks up Moonshine)
I’ve always been dependent on others.

MARLENA
(Seeing Moonshine)
That’s the vicious beast?

SAMI
Yes. If it wasn’t for you and John, I couldn’t take care of my children.

MARLENA
The one that attacked EJ?
(Scratching Moonshine’s head)
He made it sound like you had a puma. She’s just a baby.

SAMI
The vet said she was about four months old. She just looks older becasuse she is all fur. I’ve been thinking for a while that I need to make some changes. I quit school because I got pregnant. I love Will and I don’t regret having him.

MARLENA
You feel like you missed a benchmark.

SAMI
It always been something that I was embarrassed about. Soon my son will able to get a better job than I can.

MARLENA
You can always get your GED.

SAMI
No. For once I want to do it right.

MARLENA
Do you want to go back?

SAMI
I called the school. I need sixteen credits to graduate.

MARLENA
You have thought this out.

SAMI
With help, I could finish in six months.

MARLENA
Then what? College?

SAMI
(Nodding)
I’m going to need help.

MARLENA
I’ll do what I can.

John walks in followed by EJ. His arm has been bandaged.

John.
(Taking Moonshine from Sami)
See the big, bad kitty.

JOHN
Junior, is that the furball that attacked you?

EJ
It’s a vicious beast.

John takes Moonshine and holds it toward EJ. Moonshine hisses. EJ flinchs. John moves her away and she purrs. John once again holds her toward EJ and she hisses.

JOHN
It’s like a Klingon and a tribble.

SAMI
You can remember an epsoide of Star Trek, but you can’t remember your family.

JOHN
Funny isn’t it. What’s its name?

SAMI
Moonshine.

MARLENA
That’s funny. Renee had a cat by that name.

SAMI
Celeste gave me the idea.

EJ
So what?

MARLENA
Sami needs our help.

JOHN
Doesn’t she always.

MARLENA
This is different.

SAMI
I didn’t finish high school and I can’t get a good job without a diploma.

JOHN
I’ll give you a job.

EJ
I can take care of my family.

SAMI
We are not a family! John, I don’t want you to give me anything. I want a job that I’ve earned.

MARLENA
She wants to go back to school.

SAMI
But we need a place to stay.

EJ
Who’s going to take care of the twins?

MARLENA
That’s what’s family is for.

EJ
I’m family.

SAMI
EJ, you have nothing to do with this. John, you didn’t even know these rooms existed. And we’ll be out way.

JOHN
(Abscent-mindly scratching Moonshine)
As long as Blondie stays--you and the rugrats can.

SAMI
(Pointing at the kitten)
All of us?

JOHN
(Giving her back to Sami)
Fine. The furball stays on this side of the door.

SAMI
Thank you John.

EJ
I forbid it!

JOHN
Junior, whose house is this again?

EJ
Yours.

JOHN
Who makes the decision?

EJ
When it comes to Johnny, I do?

Moonshine hisses at EJ. Angrily, he slams out of the room. The twins start to cry. Moonshine jumps out of Sami’s arms and returns to the playpen. They stop crying.

JOHN
I like the furball better already.
CUT


Days of Our Lives, authentic magic, J. K. Rowlings, Harry Potter, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Anne McCaffrey, Lynn Andrews, Laurie Cabot, Theresa Chaze, Tarot reading, free tarot reading, reading tarot cards, meaning of each tarot card, tarot gratis, tarot cards, life changes, changes in my life, spirituality, religion and spirituality, spirituality and religion, manfesting reality, prosperity, abundance and prosperity, Wiccan, Pagan, publishing, fiction, magic, rituals, Wiccan rituals, Pagan rituals, spiritual healing, freedom of relgions, civil liberities, police abuse of power, public servants, election 2008, power to the people, life changes, Angelique, Barabas, Bloopers, collins, Dark Shadows, daytime TV, ghosts, horror, Quentin, real life vampires, soap operas, fiction, fantasy novel, best fantasy novel, time travel, is time travel possible, proof of reincarnation, reincarnation, stories about reincarnation, definition of reincarnation, evidence of reincarnation, reincarnation past lives who was i, caste karma and reincarnation, science fiction, science fiction books, virtual book tour, author promotion, author interview, book synopsis, healing the soul, democratic candidates for 2008 elections, republican elections 2008 whos running for president, 2008 us democratic party elections results, feminism, modern feminism, liberal feminism, definition of feminism, politics of feminism, the view politics feminism, pagan rituals, Charmed, witch, witches, witchcraft magic, witch hunts, religious bigotry, religious ignorance, freedom of religion, reincartion, soul mates, new storylines, Alison Sweeny, Renée Jones, Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso, Deidre Hall, Bryan Dattilo, Drake Hogestyn, James Scott, Thaao Penghlis, James Reynolds, Suzanne Rogers, Leann Hunley, Tanya Boyd, Bill Hayes, Susan Seaforth Hayes

No comments: