Tuesday, April 22, 2008

If I was the Head Writer of Days of Our Lives-Part Three

INT: TONY'S BEDROOM: MORNING
Sitting up in his bed, Tony stares at the phone.

TONY
Bloody hell?

He looks at the rose on the pillow.
CUT

INT: BO AND HOPES LIVING ROOM: MORNING
Bo is drinking his morning coffee, while doing research on the computer. Hope comes downstairs carrying Ciara.

HOPE
Look there’s daddy.

BO
Hey Doodlebug.

Hope sets Ciara on Bo’s lap. They kiss.

Morning Fancy Face. I made coffee.

HOPE
(Sitting beside him)
You’re up early. What’s Skystream?

BO
It’s a self-contained wind generator for individual homes. According to this, it works at lower wind speeds.

HOPE
I’d love to get off the grid. Wasn’t it Al Gore who tried to set up at his house, but the zone board wouldn’t approve it.

BO
It shouldn’t be a problem with this system. It’s only about as tall as the house. But I’m going to check it out.

There is a knock at the door. Hope answers it. Roman is standing on the other side.

ROMAN
(Walking in)
Hey, Hope. Bo.

BO
Roman. What’s up?

ROMAN
Someone broke into Abe and Lexie’s house last night.

HOPE
Anyone hurt?

ROMAN
Abe and Lexie got home last night. Celeste was unconscious on the floor.

HOPE
What about Theo?

ROMAN
His fine. The strange part is that they just tossed the place. They didn’t take a thing.

BO
Does Celeste know who it was?

ROMAN
You know everything I know. I’m on my way over. Thought you’d want to go.

BO
Definitely.
(Giving Ciara to Hope and kissing them both)
Let’s go.

HOPE
Tell Lexie that I’ll call her.

BO
Will do. Love you.

HOPE
Love you too. Wave bye-bye to daddy.

Bo and Roman leave. She sits down on the couch to turn off Bo’s laptop. Instead, she reads a little of the information.

This is a great idea. We’ll save it for daddy.

After turning off the computer, Hope carries her toward the kitchen.

What does the most beautiful little girl want for breakfast?
CUT

INT: CELESTE’S BEDROOM: MORNING
Celeste is standing by the window, looking out and crying. There is a knock on the door. Celeste is startled.

LEXIE
(Opening the door)
Mom?

CELESTE
Over here darling.

LEXIE
(Carrying a breakfast tray)
I brought you breakfast.

CELESTE
I’m not hungry.

LEXIE
Let me take you to the hospital.

CELESTE
The doctors can’t fix what is wrong. Alexandra, you must take your family away from this place. No one with Stephano’s blood is safe.

LEXIE
What are you talking about? One of Stephano’s enemies. Tell Abe. He’ll be able to protect us.

CELESTE
Abraham can’t protect us from the dead.

LEXIE
Are you talking ghost?

CELESTE
A vengeful spirit.

LEXIE
Who?

CELESTE
I darn not mention her name. She will hear and come. I’ve done nothing to stop her from coming back.

LEXIE
There’s no such thing as ghosts.

CELESTE
How little you know my daughter.

LEXIE
I might not know about spirits, but I do know medicine. You need to checked out.

CELESTE
I will make a deal with you. I will do as you ask, if you, Theo and Abe will promise that you will wear the amulets I will make for you.

LEXIE
I don’t know if Abe will agree.

CELESTE
I will also have set protection around the house.

LEXIE
With crystals, like on Charmed.

CELESTE
Talismans come in all different size and shapes. They used crystals as part of their tradition. I have another.

LEXIE
This isn’t going to involve dead chickens.

CELESTE
No darling. No one will even notice that it has been done. Except for her.

LEXIE
Her who? Just tell me.

CELESTE
Don’t ask me any more questions. I can’t answer them.

LEXIE
At least tell me why?

CELESTE
She lied to Stephano. He made her pay for the rest of her life. He took her freedom. Her child. She cursed him and all his children. She vowed with her last breath that she would take all his children, like he took her daughter. I was able to stop her. She was locked away. Last night she was freed and none of you are safe.
CUT

INT: ROOM IN WEST WING: MORNING
Dressed for cleaning, Sami is vacuuming a couch. The curtains have been removed and the windows are open. The baby monitor sits on one of the tables. She is very focused on cleaning the room. From a perspective from above, she is being watched. She hears what sounds like a baby crying. She turns off the vacuum and picks up the monitor; the sound isn’t coming from it. She hears it again from the window. She goes to it. A long haired white cat sits on the branch close to the window. No longer a kitten, but not yet an adult, it plaintively meows at her.

SAMI
How did you get there?

She takes the screen out and the cat jumps inside. Immediately, it starts rubbing around her legs. She picks her up and she purrs.

Little

(Doing a tail check)

girl, you shouldn't be up so high in the tree. You could hurt yourself.

EJ
(Off screen)
Samantha!

SAMI
In here.

EJ walks just inside the door.

EJ
What are you doing?

SAMI
Cleaning. What does it look like?

EJ
(Seeing the cat)
Where did that come from?

SAMI
She was in the tree. I took the screen out and she jumped in. Growing up, I’ve always wanted a cat. But my dad is allergic

EJ
Get rid of it.

The cat hisses and growls at him

SAMI
(To the cat)
Don’t worry about him. I like you. EJ, what do you want?

EJ
I want you to stop this foolishness. You and the children have perfectly good rooms already. As soon as I get back on my feet, I get us a place of our own.

SAMI
What makes you think I want to live with you? We're married in name only. Once the whole immigration thing is taken care of, we’re ending this sham of a marriage.

EJ
That could take a very long time.

SAMI
I think I’ll do some research. Maybe I can speed things up.

EJ
Don’t you trust me to take care of it? After all, I am the lawyer.

SAMI
And I’m the high school drop out.

EJ
I wasn’t going to say it.

SAMI
But that is what you meant. I may not have graduated, but I’m not stupid.

EJ
Darling, I never said you were.

SAMI
No. You implied it.
(To the cat)
You hungry. Let go down to the kitchen and get you something eat.
(Grabbing the monitor and walking toward the door)
We have to give you a name.

EJ
What about the twins?

SAMI
What about them?

EJ
Who is going to take care of them while you are being a scullery maid and playing with your new friend.

SAMI
What are you hiding EJ?

EJ
Nothing. I’m hiding nothing.

SAMI
(Looks at EJ then at the cat)
Are you hungry? Good.
(To EJ)
Put the screen back in the window.

Sami and the cat leave. EJ picks up the screen and starting to put it back. From above, EJ is being watched. Suddenly, he throws the screen across the room. It bounces off the wall and flies back at his head. He ducks. It gently bounces off the wall beside the window. The perspective zooms in and past EJ. An unseen force picks up the screen and inserts it back into place. Panicky EJ backs out of the room and slams the door.
CUT

INT; A BRIGHT, CHEERY STORE: AFTERNOON
Matching red valances are hung not only over the door window, but all long the large one that looks out onto the flight of steps that leads up to the street level. A variety of wind chimes hang in above a two red straight back chairs and a matching love seat. There is a low table between them with a Virgin Mary candle and two bud vases of white roses on either side. Even in the bright sunlight, the flame can seen dancing in the opaque glass. In the center of the store, religious statues from many cultures sit table, while the larger ones were placed on the floor. There are three tiered displays of candles, including one that is covered with glass pillar candles dedicated to the saints. Half of far wall is covered with shelves of books; the remaining wall has masks and wall plaques hanging from it. In the back of the store is a rounded archway that leads to other rooms. On the back wall is a glass counter, containing jewelry. On the wall behind are strings of beads, feathers, small leather pouches and other jewelry making supplies. Closer to the door are both packaged and bulk incense; Lauren Harridge, an older woman with swept up brown hair and intense hazel eyes stands behind it, weighing and packaging bulk incense. Another glass counter with jewelry and register stands in front of the door.

Through the window, Celeste and Lexie can be seen walking down the stairs to the door. They enter and the wind chimes along with window sing out in harmony. Lauren looks up from her work smile, but it quickly vanishes.
CELESTE
(As they walk in)
Please darling. Wait for me in the car.

LEXIE
I’ve never seen this shop before.

CELESTE
Those who need it know how to find it. I’ll only be a few moments.

LEXIE
I’ll look around, while you do what you have to do.

LAUREN
Celeste, it’s been a long time. Does it have anything to do with the ill wind that blew through last night?

CELESTE
Only in the same way as you so many years ago.

LAUREN
So the seal has been broken.

LEXIE
I’m Lexie Carver.

LAUREN
I know who you are. It is a shame your mother refuses to share your heritage with you.

CELESTE
Lauren. Now is not the time.

LAUREN
Will it ever be the time?

CELESTE
I need to protect my family.

LAUREN
She found you so quickly?

CELESTE
Last night.

LEXIE
Do you know who broke into my house?

CELESTE
Please, Alexandra.

LAUREN
If you taught her, she would understand.

CELESTE
I don’t want her to understand. Innocence is its own protection.

LAUREN
True enough. Collin arrived this morning and found her calling card on the front window. He just finished cleaning it off.

CELESTE
What are you and the others going to do?

LAUREN
She has little interest in us.

Collin Harridge, a man whose enthusiasm and spry gate belies contrast the grayness of his hair and the age written on his, walks through the archway in the back of the store.

COLLIN
I thought I heard guests.
(Stopping when he sees Celeste)
So it is true. She is free.

CELESTE
I need to protect my family.

LAUREN
As do we all.

COLLIN
Unkind Sweetheart. We all made the decision to interfere and prevent balancing of justice.

LAUREN
I know. Celeste, what do you need?

Collin studies Lexie.

CELESTE
St. Michael incense and candles. Florida water. Blessed salt. Three St. Michael’s amulets. One is for a child.

Lauren pulls a box filled with red bandanas from beneath the counter. She takes several out and offers them to Celeste.

LAUREN
I blessed these with Florida water last night. Something told me extra would be needed.
(Walking round the counter to the candles)
Do you want the Seven
(She looks at Lexie)
Saint candles as well?

CELESTE
Yes please.

LAUREN
The rest is in the back. Come with me.

Lauren and Celeste walk down the back hallway. Collin walks to Lexie. He tilts her head up so they make direct eye contact.

COLLIN
Your father’s evil has touched you.

Lexie backs away.

I see the tears you cause others around you.

LEXIE
That was along time ago.

COLLIN
(To Celeste)
She should leave.

LEXIE
I’m not leaving. This isn’t real.

Collin walks behind the back jewelry counter and takes a red cross from behind the glass. He takes it back to Lexie.

COLLIN
(Offering it to Lexie)
This is for you child.

LEXIE
It’s beautiful.

COLLIN
You must always wear it.

LEXIE
(Suspicious)
Why?

COLLIN
Make an old man happy and worry a little less.

CELESTE
(Reappearing with a small box in her hands)
Lexie, take it. It is a great gift that he is offering you. It just might save your life and that of your son.

LEXIE
(Accepting it)
Thank you. It is very beautiful.

COLLIN
In order for it be effective, you must put it on before we leave here.

LEXIE
(Putting it on)
Thank you.

CELESTE
Will you be closing for a while?

COLLIN
(Encircling his arm around Lauren)
None sense. We weather worse storms before. Besides where is everyone going to go for candles?

LAUREN
(Smiling up at him)
Batten down the hatches. Full speed ahead.



Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: