Friday, April 25, 2008

If I was the Head Writer for Day of Our Lives Part Four

CELESTE
Yes please.

LAUREN
The rest is in the back. Collin, knew you would be coming. He prepared what you will need. Come with me.

Lauren and Celeste walk down the back hallway. Collin walks to Lexie. He tilts her head up so they make direct eye contact.

COLLIN
Your father’s evil has touched you.

Lexie backs away.

I see the tears you cause others around you.

LEXIE
That was along time ago.

COLLIN
You should leave. Your actions have many you more vulnerable.

LEXIE
I’m not leaving. This isn’t real.

Collin walks behind the back jewelry counter and takes a red cross from behind the glass. He takes it back to Lexie.

COLLIN
(Offering it to Lexie)
This is for you child.

LEXIE
It’s beautiful.

COLLIN
You must always wear it.

LEXIE
(Suspicious)
Why?

COLLIN
Make an old man happy and worry a little less.

CELESTE
(Reappearing with a small box in her hands)
Lexie, take it. It is a great gift that he is offering you. It just might save your life and that of your son.

LEXIE
(Accepting it)
Thank you. It is looks very old.

COLLIN
Marie Laveau blessed it for my great grandmother. I give it to you in your mother's name. In order for it be effective, you must put it on before we leave here.

LEXIE
(Putting it on)
Thank you. I am honored.

CELESTE
Will you be closing for a while?

COLLIN
(Encircling his arm around Lauren)
Nonsense. We weather worse storms before. Besides where is everyone going to go for candles?

LAUREN
(Smiling up at him)
Batten down the hatches. Full speed ahead.
CUT
INT: MAGGIE'S RESTRAUNT: LUNCH TIME
The movers are rapidly putting the tables and chairs back into place after bringing in the new piano. Frantically Maggie and the wait staff reset the tables as the lunch crowd starts to come in. Doug and Julie slip in through the bar. They sneak up behind her.

DOUG/JULIE
Surprise!

MAGGIE
Doug. Julie. That was mean.

JULIE
Want some help?

MAGGIE
All I can get. The movers were stuck in traffic and we're late opening.

DOUG
(Going to the piano and sitting down)
What do we have here?

MAGGIE
I thought it would be a nice touch to have live music a couple times a week.

DOUG
(Playing around on the keyboard)
It has a good tune.

JULIE
We won't see him for a while. So catch me up.

MAGGIE
I don't know where to start.

Doug starts playing and singing "Always"

Oh, my. I've missed that.

JULIE
So has he. But he won't admit it.

Julie sits beside Doug and they harmonize for the rest of the song. At the end, they kiss.

MAN IN FIFTIES/EARLY SIXTIES
(Walking up to Maggie)
Excuse me. Is that's Doug Williams?

MAGGIE
(Proudly)
Yes. He is.

MAN IN FIFTIES/EARLY SIXTIES
My wife and I thought so.
(Hesitant)
We used to go to Doug's Place. It's where I asked Rachael to marry and where she told me I was going to be a father. Both times, he sang "For All We Know". Today is her birthday. It would mean so much to both of us--

MAGGIE
I'll see what I can do. What's you name? David.
(Walking to the piano)
You have a request.

DOUG
All ready. Maybe I should put out a jar. Make a few bucks.

MAGGIE
They were engaged at Doug's Place. You sang "For All We Know" for them.

DOUG
That was a long time ago.

MAGGIE
It's Rachael's birthday.

JULIE
You remember the words.

DOUG
I don't know.

JULIE
I'll help.

MAGGIE
It's so romantic.

DOUG
This is emotional blackmail.
JULIE
Yes darling. But you love me anyway.

MAGGIE
(To the crowd)
Rachael, David wants you to stroll back down memory lane.

Doug sings the first part of the song and changes to Happy Birthday. The rest of the lunch crowd joins in. Rachael and David kiss.

(To Doug)
I bet you still have a lot of fans in town.

DOUG
What are you getting at?

JULIE
You miss it.

DOUG
I can't reopen Doug's Place.

MAGGIE
No. But you can move Doug's Place here. When you are in town that is.

DOUG
I don't know.

JULIE
Yes you do. He'll do it.

MAGGIE
Will you?

DOUG
Okay. I'll do it.

MAGGIE
Just to make sure
(Turns to the diner)
I'd like to announce the return of Doug Willliams!

The crowd applauds.

DOUG
(To Julie)
What did you get me into?

JULIE
Exactly what you wanted.

They kiss
CUT

INT: SALEM POLICE STATION: EARLY AFTERNOON
Celeste walks into the station.

CELESTE
(To officer)
Commander Carver.

OFFICER
He’s in his office. Who should I say is here to see him?

CELESTE
I know the way.

Celeste walks past the him and knocks on Abe’s door

ABE
(Off screen)
Come in.

Celeste opens the door.
CUT

INT: ABE’S OFFICE: EARLY AFTERNOON
Abe is sitting behind his desk. Roman is sitting in a chair. Bo is pouring a cup of coffee.

ROMAN
We’ve been able to identify and exclude all the prints so far. However, I do have a question. Bo what were your prints doing on Abe’s bowling trophy? Having you gotten over that yet?

BO
I was robbed.

CELESTE
(Walks in)
Abraham.

BO
Coffee anyone? Hi Celeste.

ABE
Celeste, what are you doing here? Is everything okay at home?

CELESTE
Yes. Alexandra and Theo are spending the afternoon in the park while I made the house safe.
(Taking a St Michael’s metal out of her purse)
You need to wear this at all times.

ABE
(Accepting it)
What is it?

CELESTE
A St. Michael amulet. It will protect you from the evil that was released from the DiMera mansion.

ROMAN
What about the mansion?

CELESTE
A great evil was freed last night.

BO
Evil? What evil?

ABE
Celeste it was an intruder. Not an evil spirit.

CELESTE
Abraham, after all that you have seen in this town--after all the evil Stephano created, do you still doubt me.

ABE
I don’t mean to. But Celeste it doesn’t make sense.

ROMAN
Sami and the twin are staying there with John and Marlena.

CELESTE
Her son is a DiMera. He’s not safe. She has to leave there.

BO
I bet EJ just loves living under the same roof with John. It must make for some interesting dinner conversations.

CELESTE
EJ is back at the mansion? EJ should have known better.

ABE
(Clasping the chain around his neck)
Done.

CELESTE
Promise you won’t take it off. Not for any reason.

ABE
I promise.

CELESTE
Thank you Abraham. Roman, talk to Sami. She needs to get away from the mansion for her son’s sake.

Celeste leaves.

ABE
She’s Lexie’s mother.

Bo ad Roman nod.
CUT

INT: OUTSIDE ABE’S OFFICE: EARLY AFTERNOON
Celeste dials her phone.

CELESTE
Elvis. I need to talk to you. Now. I know. I’ll meet you at the mansion. I don’t care. Just be there.

She hangs up the phone and walks out of the station.
CUT

INT: ANNA’S OFFICE: EARLY AFTERNOON
Anna is on the phone.

ANNA
Thursday. 2 pm. I’ll be there.

Tony arrives carrying a dozen white roses. He opens the door with great flourish. Anna angrily stares at him.

You won’t be sorry. I’ll see you then.

(She hangs up the phone)

I’m not talking to you.

TONY
Anna my love. These are for you.

ANNA
Take your flowers and shove them where the sun doesn’t shine.

TONY
I was just taking you for the one you left me last night.

From a perspective from the ceiling, they are watched.

ANNA
For the last time.
(She grabs the flower and hits him over the head)
It wasn’t me.

TONY
It was good I had the forethought to have the thorns removed.
(Gently embracing her)
You should have woken me.

ANNA
(Looking him in the eyes)
It wasn’t me.

TONY
It had to be you.

ANNA
What about Kate or your new intern? Maybe she needed help with a personal problem again.

TONY
Anna. Love of my life, you are the only one with a key.

ANNA
I can fix that.
(She takes the key off her ring and hands it to him)
Here.

TONY
(He takes the key and drops in her cleavage)
Anna. Sweet.

ANNA
Tony! You take it back.

TONY
Certainly. Let me help you find it.

ANNA
Touch me and pull back a bloody stump.

TONY
(Walking out the door)
I love you.

ANNA
Tony!
(He closes the door behind him)
I love you too.

Anna picks up one of the roses. She pricks her finger on a thorn.
Owe!

She carefully examines the remaining roses; they are covered with thorns.
CUT

INT: DIMERA MANSION ENTRANCE WAY: EARLY AFTERNOON
EJ walks in. He turns to close the door and Celeste walks up.

EJ
Celeste.

CELESTE
(Walking in)
Why did you let it happen?

EJ
(Closing the door)
What makes you think I didn’t try?

CELESTE
Stephano told you never to open that door.

EJ
What was in there?

CELESTE
I shouldn’t have listened to Stephano. If I hadn’t Alexandra and my grandson would be safe. And if you had done what you were told, your son wouldn’t be at risk.

EJ
Why is Johnny in danger?

CELESTE
She cursed all with DiMera blood.

EJ
What did father do to her?

CELESTE
What he does to everyone who he thinks has betrayed him.

EJ
He killed her.

CELESTE
Her broken heart killed her. But not after years of being locked away. Not until after Stephano stole her child. She died alone, knowing that her daughter was being corrupted by Stephano’s evil. She swore that she would take his children like he had taken hers. I would do no less her place.

EJ
Is that why you special lock was so easily broken?

CELESTE
There was nothing easy about it. Only special person could have broken the seal. Who opened the door? You must tell me.

EJ
It was Sami and John. He picked the lock.

CELESTE
John? It couldn’t been. Only someone, who had bested Stephano...
(Walking toward the stairs)
I need to talk to her.


EJ
CELESTE!
CUT

INT: ROOM IN WEST WING: EARLY AFTERNOON.
Sami is stands on a ladder, putting up the freshly washed curtains. The twins are in a playpen on the other side of the room. Their eyes track as someone only seen by them walks to the playpen. They laugh and giggle. Johnny tosses his rattle. It hits the floor

SAMI
(Hearing the rattle, Sami turns around)
Just a second Johnny. I’ll get it.

Johnny points at it. An unseen hand returns it to him. He giggles. Sami finishes hanging the curtain and gets down off the ladder. She walks to the twins and looks around on the floor. She sees Johnny has it.

I though I heard you drop it. Silly mommy.

Celeste walks in the door, followed by EJ

Ever heard of knocking?

EJ
What are the children doing in here?

SAMI
Close the door.

EJ
(Closing the door)
What kind of mother are you? It’s filthy.

SAMI
If you had asked--John hired a cleaning crew. The whole wing is spotless.

Celeste looks around the room as if she expects to find someone.

Hello Celeste. Long time. What are you doing here?

CELESTE
I need to talk to you Samantha. You can’t stay here. It’s not safe.

SAMI
Is that why EJ brought you? He couldn’t convince me but he thought that you would?

The white cat walks into sight from one of the rooms down the hallway and towards the sitting room.

John said it’s perfectly safe.

The cat meows. Celeste sees her.

CELESTE
(Terrified)
Moonshine?
CUT

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: