Sunday, April 20, 2008

If I was Head Writer at Days of Our Lives--Part Two

INT: ROOM IN WEST WING: EARLY EVENING
Sami and John are standing over EJ. Furious, he looks up at them.

JOHN
You're bleeding.

EJ
No kidding.

JOHN
What are you mad me for? I didn't hit you.

SAMI
Don't look at me. I didn't.

EJ
(Standing)
You're right. I did it myself.

JOHN
I heard about people like pain.

SAMI
Maybe it was the ghost of one of your father's victims.

JOHN
If I had known, I'd have helped you out with it.

EJ
I saw you.

SAMI
(She marches into the room)
You saw wrong.

JOHN
It'd be no trouble.

EJ
(To John)
No thank you!

JOHN
Just thought I'd help.

EJ
Enough of this. Everybody out. We'll lock it up.
JOHN
You have a key?

Sami pulls open the drapes and looks around the room. She likes what she sees. Turning on the hallway light, she walks down the hall and looks into the rooms as she goes.

EJ
Don't you.

JOHN
I picked the lock.

EJ
Just unpick it.

JOHN
You’re kidding.

EJ
(Looking for Sami, but refusing to enter)
Where did she go? Sami!

JOHN
Maybe Rod Serling took her to the Twilight Zone.

EJ
Sami!

SAMI
(Walking into sight)
I'm right here. Don't have a cow.

EJ
You can remember an old TV show, but you can't remember your family.

JOHN
Strange isn't it. Maybe I like the show better.

EJ
Sami, I demand you come out of there.

SAMI
(Walking back to the door)
You demand?

JOHN
Didn't she just bloody your nose?

EJ
Shut up John! Sami, come out of there this instant!

JOHN
Going for a matched set?

EJ glares at him. John throws up his hands and steps out of the way.

My money is on the girl.

SAMI
Woman!

JOHN
Whatever.

EJ
Just listen to me. Father said this part of the house isn't safe.

JOHN
The floor seems to be intact. No holes in the roof.

SAMI
It's beautiful. It would be great for the twins. I was afraid that when they started crawling and fall down the stairs. With the door closed, this part of the house is completely cut off. And there is room for Will, if he will ever forgive me enough to visit.

JOHN
Just how long did you plan on being here?

EJ
I forbid it.

JOHN
I'd like to double my bet.

SAMI
It's not up to you.

EJ
I'm their father.

SAMI
Johnny's father.

EJ
Like you would let me forget!

SAMI
I'm their mother.

JOHN
And it's my house. Now that we got our roles straight. Sami, are you use this part of the house?

SAMI
John, could we? It would take a lot of work to clean it up.

EJ
It's not safe!

JOHN
I could have a contractor check it out.

SAMI
Would you?

JOHN
Does this mean I'll be able to keep my manly man furniture in the rest of the house?

SAMI
Don't you want to make a few changes?

EJ
I said no.

JOHN
(To EJ)
Slow learner.

SAMI
My mom would really like it.

JOHN
(Walking into the hallway)
I think about it.

EJ
Sami, come out here. I want to talk to you.

SAMI
Come in here. I want to look around some more.

EJ
I just want to talk to you.

SAMI
Are you afraid?

EJ
(Hesitates, but slowly walks in)
I just don't want you to get hurt.

SAMI
What's going to hurt me?

EJ
I don't know. Father must have had a reason.
CUT

EXT: CARVER'S HOUSE: NIGHT
Abe and Lexie meet at the front door. Abe takes out his keys to unlock the door.

LEXIE
The house is dark. Mom must have gone to bed early.

Abe goes to insert the key and the door swings open.

ABE
(Reaching for his gun)
Something is wrong. The door's open.

LEXIE
(Trying to push past him)
Theo! Mom!

ABE
(Blocking her path)
Let me.

Able opens the door and walks in. He turns on the light. The room has been ransacked. Celeste has collapsed beside the table. Her Tarot cards are scattered on the floor.
LEXIE
(Going to her)
Mom.

ABE
(Walking upstairs)
I'll check on Theo.

LEXIE
She has a pulse and she's breathing.
(Further examining her)
Mom. Mom, wake up.
(Calling upstairs)
Abe, is Theo--

ABE
(Running back down)
His fine. Sleeping peacefully. The damage seems to be just down here. Maybe Celeste scared whoever it was away?

LEXIE
I can't find where she's hurt. Could you get my bag? It's in my car.

ABE
(Taking out his phone)
Back seat.

Lexie nods. Abe walks toward the front door.

ABE
(On his phone)
This is Abe Carver. I need a squad car and an ambulance at my home. We had a break in.

He walks outside.

LEXIE
Mom, you have to wake up. We need you. Theo needs you. I need you.

ABE
I need you too.
(Giving Lexie her bag)
Come Celeste. Wake up. Theo is calling you.

Slowly Celeste starts to wake. For a moment, she lays there trying to focus.
CELESTE
Alexandra, what happened?

LEXIE
(Hugging her)
Mom!

ABE
Don't you remember?

CELESTE
I had just put Theo to bed and I came back downstairs. There was something wrong.

Celeste tries to sit up.

LEXIE
Wait for the ambulance.

CELESTE
(Sitting up)
I'm not hurt. I picked up my cards. The Tower--The Queen

ABE
The patrol cars are on the way

CELESTE
Abraham, there is nothing they will be able to do. Nothing anybody can do. The seal has been broken. She's free.

LEXIE
Who?

CELESTE
Alexandra, you have to take you family and go. Hide some place far away.

ABE
She who?

LEXIE
I can't say her name. It would bring her back.

Sirens are heard in the distance, coming closer.

ABE
(Going to the door)
I'll meet the officers.

He exits.

CELESTE
Alexandra, you must listen to me. You aren't safe. Neither is Theo. None of Stephano's children or grandchildren are.

LEXIE
Tells us who she is.

CELESTE
You can't stop her. The angels are on her side. She'll finally get the justice Stephano deprived her of.
CUT

INT: TONY DIMERA'S BEDROOM: NIGHT
Tony is in bed asleep. The shadow of a woman's hand gently caresses his cheek. He stirs but doesn't awake.

WOMAN'S VOICE
(Whispers)
I love you Tony.

TONY
(In his sleep)
Where are you?
(A tear slips down his cheek)
I've miss you.

WOMAN'S VOICE
You won't have to for much longer.

A white rose appears on the pillow beside him.
CUT

INT: TONY'S BEDROOM: MORNING
Tony wakes with a start. Confused, he tries to focus. He sees the rose and sits straight up in bed.

TONY
(Laughing at himself)
Anna. It must have been. It's the only thing it could be. Why didn't she wake me up?
CUT

INT: ANNE'S HOTEL ROOM: MORNING
Anna is asleep in bed. The phone rings. She reaches from beneath the blanket and pulls receiver under the blanket

ANNA
This better be good.

TONY
(Off screen)
Why didn't you wake me up?

ANNA
Why should I wake you up?

TONY
(Off screen)
Last night. When you crept in to give me the rose. It was so sweet.

ANNA
Rose? I didn't give you any rose. .

TONY
(Off screen)
You could have awakened me. I could have made room for you.

ANNA
I was in my bed last night. All night. By myself.
(Angrily sitting up in bed)
Obviously, it was one of your other women who made the late night call.
(Hangs up)
I'm not going let him upset me. I'm not. I'm going back to sleep.

She flops back down and pulls the blanket back over her head.

The son of a bitch!

CUT

INT: TONY'S BEDROOM: MORNING
Tony stares at the phone.

TONY
If it wasn't Anna. Who?

He looks at the rose on the pillow.
CUT




























Technorati Tags:
Days of Our Lives, authentic magic, J. K. Rowlings, Harry Potter, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Anne McCaffrey, Lynn Andrews, Laurie Cabot, Theresa Chaze, Tarot reading, free tarot reading, reading tarot cards, meaning of each tarot card, tarot gratis, tarot cards, life changes, changes in my life, spirituality, religion and spirituality, spirituality and religion, manfesting reality, prosperity, abundance and prosperity, Wiccan, Pagan, publishing, fiction, magic, rituals, Wiccan rituals, Pagan rituals, spiritual healing, freedom of relgions, civil liberities, police abuse of power, public servants, election 2008, power to the people, life changes, Angelique, Barabas, Bloopers, collins, Dark Shadows, daytime TV, ghosts, horror, Quentin, real life vampires, soap operas, fiction, fantasy novel, best fantasy novel, time travel, is time travel possible, proof of reincarnation, reincarnation, stories about reincarnation, definition of reincarnation, evidence of reincarnation, reincarnation past lives who was i, caste karma and reincarnation, science fiction, science fiction books, virtual book tour, author promotion, author interview, book synopsis, healing the soul, democratic candidates for 2008 elections, republican elections 2008 whos running for president, 2008 us democratic party elections results, feminism, modern feminism, liberal feminism, definition of feminism, politics of feminism, the view politics feminism, pagan rituals, Charmed, witch, witches, witchcraft magic, witch hunts, religious bigotry, religious ignorance, freedom of religion, reincartion, soul mates,
Add to: | Technorati | Digg | del.icio.us | Yahoo | BlinkList | Spurl | reddit | Furl |

No comments: