Saturday, April 19, 2008

If I was the head writer at Day of our Lives

INT: DEMERIA STUDY: AFTERNOON
Sami is standing in front of Stephano's portrait, staring up at it. Unseen by her, John walks in and goes to get a cigar.

JOHN
(Taking a cigar out of the box)
What's up Little Blondie?

SAMI
(Startled)
John? I didn't hear you come in.

John walks up beside her.

It gives me the creeps.

JOHN
It’s just a picture.

SAMI
It’s Stephano’s picture. Just like this house.

JOHN
It’s my house now.

SAMI
It’s still the same creepy place.

JOHN
You think I’m creepy.

SAMI
You didn’t use to be.

JOHN
But I am now?

SAMI
I didn’t say that.

JOHN
But you think my house is creepy?

SAMI
It’s still Stephano’s house. Look around. You didn’t change anything. You haven’t changed anything. The portrait up of the man who stole your life is still hanging like shrine.

John looks up at the picture.

JOHN
You don’t like the picture.

SAMI
Stephano isn’t here. But he’s still feels like he’s the lord of the manor.

JOHN
It’s my house now.

SAMI
Is it? Then why haven’t you changed anything?

JOHN
I like it the way it is.

SAMI
You and Mom always had a home of love. It was bright and alive. It was always a safe place.

JOHN
And this isn’t?

SAMI
It’s a mausoleum. A monument to all the DiMera secrets.

JOHN
Does your mother feel the same way?

SAMI
How could she not?


JOHN
Do you want me to raze the place and start over? We’d all be looking for a place to live.

SAMI
You could start by taking that thing down.

JOHN
(Taking the portrait off the wall)
Now what?

SAMI
I can think of a better use of the match than lighting that cigar.

JOHN
Waste of a nice frame.

EJ walks into the room

EJ
What are you doing with my father’s portrait?

JOHN
We’re deciding that now. It could make fine dartboard.

EJ
Put it back.

JOHN
Little Blondie doesn’t like it.

EJ
I don’t care. Put it back.
(Grabbing the portrait)
He is still my father!

SAMI
He’s the monster that tormented my family. Growing up I never knew from one day to the next which of my parents were going to disappear. One day, they told my dad was dead. But then no. His alive, but he looks different. Then mom’s gone. Then she’s back. Then my dad isn’t my dad any more; he’s John. My first dad is my day again, but he looks different. Why? Stephano. If it wasn’t for him, I’d grown up with both my parents. If it wasn’t for him, I be living happily with all my children and the love of my life!

JOHN
Isn’t he the love of your life?

SAMI
Get real.

JOHN
You are staying with him why?

SAMI
I don’t want my twins to grow up like I had to.

EJ
I’ll be there for all of you.

SAMI
You can’t replace Lucas. .

JOHN
You got me thinking.

EJ
Scary thought.

JOHN
You are right. I do need to make some changes. You are going to help me.

SAMI
What can I do?

JOHN
You know what Blondie likes? Turn this into a place she can call home. Money’s no object.

SAMI
Are you serious?

EJ
This is still my father house.

JOHN
It’s my house. Get use to it kid.
(Shouting)
Rolf!

ROLF
(Running in)
What is it?

JOHN
Get rid of that.

ROLF
Stephano’s portrait?

EJ
I’ll take care of it

JOHN
Get it out of my house.

Angrily EJ carries the painting out of the room.

Rolf, I have a new job for you. We’re going to be redecorating.

ROLF
I’m not an interior designer.

JOHN
Learn how to diversify..

CUT

INT: DIMERA HOUSE HALLWAY: LATE AFTERNOON
Sami and Rolf walks down carrying a note pad and the baby monitor. She looks at the windows and makes a few notes. Turning, toward the door, she tried to open it. It’s locked.

SAMI
Rolf. I can’t open this door.

ROLF
(Nervous)
It stays locked.

SAMI
What’s on the other side?

ROLF
(Pulling her away)
The west wing. Nobody goes there.

SAMI
Why?

ROLF
I have other duties to attend to. Excuse me.

Rolf rapidly leaves. Confused, Sami tries to open the door.


INT: DIMERA STUDY: EARLY EVENING
John is on the phone. Sami walks in.

JOHN
Right. Just take care of it. I’ll expect an update tomorrow
(Hangs up the phone)
Well, what do you think?

SAMI
I couldn’t get into the other wing of the house. The door was locked.

JOHN
Did you ask Rolf for the key?

SAMI
He wouldn‘t open it.

JOHN
Rolf!

EJ
(Walking in)
His in the kitchen.

JOHN
Where is the key to the west wing?

EJ
It’s off limits.

JOHN
That’s not what I asked. Rolf!

SAMI
Why?

ROLF
I’m coming.
(Entering the room)
I was getting the wine for dinner.

JOHN
Where is the key to the door to the west wing?

ROLF
No one is to go there. Stephano’s orders.

SAMI
Why? What’s in there?

EJ
I don’t know.

JOHN
I want the key.

ROLF
I don’t know where it is.

JOHN
Rolfie, why is that I don’t believe you.

EJ
I’m telling you not to go there. It’s not safe.

JOHN
You said you don’t know what’s there.

EJ
Father had his reasons.

JOHN
(Walking toward the door)
Anyone else curious?

SAMI
You don’t have a key.

JOHN
I don’t need no stinking key.

SAMI
(Following)
Good point.
CUT

INT: DIMERA HALLWAY OUTSIDE west WING DOOR: EARLY EVENING
John is picking the lock while Sami watches.

JOHN
Just about...got it.

EJ
(Running down the hall)
Don’t do it!

JOHN
(Turning the knob)
To late junior

The door swings open to a large dark room. The last rays of the day filter between the curtains. The furniture is covered. The room is decorated more feminine than the rest of the house. It appears to have been closed off for a long time.
CUT

INT: ROOM IN WEST WING: EARLY EVENING
From the perspective of near the ceiling, John, Sami and EJ are seen in the doorway. The perspective circles around the room focusing on John and Sami as they walk in the door. EJ refuses to enter

EJ
Don’t go in there.

SAMI
It’s all musty.

EJ
I beg you.

JOHN
What are you afraid of Elvis?

EJ
Sami, for the sake of your children.

JOHN
What secrets did Stephano hide here?

SAMI
Maybe you should say who did he hide here?

JOHN
It wasn’t me. My accommodations were as grand.

SAMI
(Walking to EJ)
So whom did your father lock up here?

The perspective stops and focuses on EJ

My mother? Did her keep her here? Or did he kidnap another woman?

EJ
I don’t know Samantha. I just know you have to get out of there

EJ reaches for her. The perspective rush at him, knocking him backwards onto the floor. He wipes the blood from his nose. Stunned, EJ stares at her.

Why did you hit me!

SAMI
I didn’t.

JOHN
(Looking from EJ to Sami)
You’re stronger than you look.
CUT

INT: CARVER LIVING ROOM: EARLY EVENING
Celeste walking down the stairs after putting Theo to bed. Reaching the bottom stair, she suddenly stops and fearfully looks around.

CELESTE
Something is wrong. I can feel it.

She picks up her Tarot deck. Queen of Sword fall on the table

What does this mean?

The Tower drops beside it. The front door slams open. Celeste doubles over in pain.

Oh, my God! The seal has been broken!


Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: