Sunday, November 11, 2007

Shirley Jones A Miracle in Action



Miracles can happen in unexpected ways through unexpected sources. Sometimes they come in the form of singers named, Shirley Jones. When we are open to sharing blessings, we cannot only make miracles happen for ourselves but others as well. To say the Divine works in mysterious ways is a major understatement. Sometimes when we lease expect it she/he/it will intervene, allowing you to be a conduit for helping another. It will send messages and comfort through and to you. We don't always understand the reasons behind our actions, nor can we take the credit for being more than the messenger for the healing another receives.

This past summer I was part of such a blessing. A long time neighbor and recent good friend was going though life challenges that was making her heart weep. Issues from the past were being brought forth not for healing, but to manipulate and excuse personal bad behavior. There was nothing Lynne could do to change the situation but react and ride out the storm. She loved this person dearly, but realized that there was nothing she could do to change their behavior or to save her from herself. She was forced to step back and allow the events to unfold. This doesn’t mean she didn’t shed many tears, but that she loved enough to let go.
I had been planning to call and check on Lynne when I received a phone call from the director of Traverse City Opera House. I was going to work the Shirley Jones show. The director apologized about a mistake that had been made. It seems that a member of the board of directors had given away the position she reserved for me to another. It was okay. It would have been fun and a good resume entry. But I understood. Sometime things just happen. When they do, it is usually a for a good reason. In compensation, the director offered me a free ticket. I thought it was amazing and accepted.

A short while later, I called Lynne to see how she was doing. She was putting up a good front, but her heart was crying. I mentioned how I was going to the Shirley Jones show. Her reaction helped me understand why the director called when she did. Shirley Jones was someone special to Lynne and her now deceased father. During his life, they had loved her music and her movies. It was their special time together. Since his death, whenever Lynne needed comfort Shirley Jones would suddenly appeared either on the radio or on TV; it was her father’s way of telling her that he loved her and to reassure that her that he hadn’t gone far. I asked her to go with me. She politely refused, saying she really couldn’t afford the tickets. The Divine had blessed me with a little more income that month. So I lied to her and told her that it was a comp ticket--it wasn’t much of a lie. I did have one comp ticket; I just gave it to her and bought mine.

The show was magnificent. Shirley Jones must have a portrait doing her aging because she doesn’t look much older than 50, even though she claims to be much older. I think we should check her license. During the show, Lynne was reduced to tears more than once. When she sang “Memories” from Cats, I joined her. Shirley talked not only about her career but her life and loves as well. The weird thing was that after she started talking about her late husband, I kept smelling French Toast and seeing a bouquet of white roses along with one right--such a magnificent lady deserves white rose and one red for passion. But as wonderful as the show was, Shirley was even more so afterwards. She came out to sign autographs and talk to the audience. She took a few moments with anyone who came up to the table whether or not they bought anything. She was beyond gracious-even to rude people like me who to flash pictures without asking. I nudged Lynne to the front of the line. I went first. She was very nice and autographed my program--it’s in my brag book next to Katherine Hepburn’s. Lynne was next. Shirley took the time to not only listen but to pose for picture. These were authorized. Lynne was over the moon. Just meeting Shirley gave Lynne renewed strength and went a long way to heal her heart. Shirley Jones may never know what a major miracle she was in one woman’s life, but she was.

This isn’t to make myself look good, but a way of saying that when we have the courage to have faith and believe in miracles that they are created around and through us. However, the Divine doesn’t have to part the Red Sea, make the sun dance, or make summer flowers grow through the snow in the dead of winter be a miracle. Sometimes an evening listing to a delightful singer is more spectacular. My part was no bigger or lesser than the theatre’s director or the website that bought one of my articles. We all played our part to create a miracle at the Traverse City Opera House--we became the means through which Lynne’s father to reassure her. When we love unconditionally with courage, we help create the blessings of healing and new beginnings not only for ourselves but also others.



" Instant Karma is going to get you."
                                       John Lennon

Have you ever met someone and suddenly  felt love or hate? Yet for the life of you couldn't remember  them.  Would you want to  remember? Would you want to know if it could save  your life?


Never Can Say Good-bye is a paranormal thriller  feature film with the  logline love and hate survives death


http://cproduction5.wix.com/cosmos-productions-



 

No comments: