Saturday, May 19, 2007

Police Abuse: The Blue Wall Again Protects Its Own

Most of you know about my arrest last fall. Mid February, I finally got the courage to file a complaint about my treatment against the Grand Traverse County Sheriff Department. March 5, I talked to Detective Kevin Gay of the Traverse City Police department; he was assigned to investigate my complaint of sexual assault. He refused to listen about the illegal search, the falsifying the arrest report, Deputy Justing Revnell lying under oath, the religious descrimination, or the refusal to give me by asthma medication. I kept touch with him over the the past couple of months. He kept telling me that he was investigating, but wouldn't give me details. This morning Detective Gay called. He found my complaints to be unfounded and the deputies will not be help responsible for the harm they caused me. I did my very best to have faith in the system, but the blue wall protects its own. The reason he gave was that I didn't emphasis the sexual assault fast enough or well enough for their satisfaction.



Although I have contact the local paper, the reporter I talked to has received so many complaints about the local law enforcement, that he wasn't sure how much he could do. Part of me still held out hope that justice would be done. I feel as if was assaulted again. I am asking for help. May 31 is the next full moon. Will all those who believe in justice pray that the Grand Traverse County Sheriff department, the prosecuter and the attorney who failed to represent me properly, Phillips Settles, recieve full measure of justice for the harm they caused me. I'm not asking for vengeance, but justice in full measure.



Thank you for your help, support and protection.

Theresa/Tirgana

No comments: